Revision methods for A-levels

Watch this thread
Layla1712
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What is the best way to start revising for essay based subjects (history and politics) with just over 3 weeks until my exams???

I’m starting to panic seeming as I have only being revising economics actively and I’m still making revision material for the other two subjects
randall7731
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Just make a schedule and separate the work into small tiny tasks. Revise a section and take a break in the middle
chocfrog
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I currently do history too for A-levels and I myself struggle with trying to fit in all the content within my revision due to there just being sooo much content to know. For revision I look back on old topics which I did ages ago and then write down condensed quizlet cards etc with basic content on from the topic.
Layla1712
Rep:
(Original post by chocfrog)
I currently do history too for A-levels and I myself struggle with trying to fit in all the content within my revision due to there just being sooo much content to know. For revision I look back on old topics which I did ages ago and then write down condensed quizlet cards etc with basic content on from the topic.
Are you currently in the process of making revision material then, or have you started memorising them?

Also do you do anything else revision wise for history as right now I'm only making flashcards but think I'm gonna try and do some essay plans what about you?
chocfrog
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Layla1712)
Are you currently in the process of making revision material then, or have you started memorising them?

Also do you do anything else revision wise for history as right now I'm only making flashcards but think I'm gonna try and do some essay plans what about you?
I've started memorising stuff but I'm still in the process of making some revision materials, I'm not the best at revising myself to be honest haha.

Essay plans are certainly a good way of revising, everyone revises differently at the end of the day as my friend uses mindmaps for History which I don't even know how but she does.
Layla1712
Rep:
(Original post by chocfrog)
I've started memorising stuff but I'm still in the process of making some revision materials, I'm not the best at revising myself to be honest haha.

Essay plans are certainly a good way of revising, everyone revises differently at the end of the day as my friend uses mindmaps for History which I don't even know how but she does.
Hahah I tried mindmaps and honestly I think they suck for me, I’m so jealous of people that can revise with them cos they are so fun to make haha!!

Yeah tbh for paper 1 history, I haven’t started revising it yet but I know quite a bit surrounding the events etc and key persons dates etc cos I find it interesting so feel as though when it comes to memorising the content it will hopefully be a bit quicker for me to learn cos I find it interesting so I should be able to retain it better 🤞🏼

BUT oml Paper 2 for history and paper 3 I hate the topics so much so feel as though it’s gonna be more strenuous trying to revise for them!!! I haven’t even finished the content for paper 3 :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (31)
27.43%
As I expected (37)
32.74%
Harder (38)
33.63%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads