finn_gray
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My parents have I signed me up for NCS but I really don't want to do it. I've done both Bronze and Silver DofE, already have done some work experience and I have racked up many hours of volunteering. The only benefit I see in it is to improve my social skills, which definitely could be improved upon, however even then, I don't think NCS is worth it just for that reason. I really don't like the kind of activities involved in it and I just think it will be a waste of time and money and I won't actually gain anything from it. How do I change my parents mind?
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps see if you can leave
finn_gray
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I tried to do that without telling my parents, I would be in huge trouble
dahlia06
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
when is your ncs week?
also, the second week is not mandatory- i know they say you MUST go but my friend's sister didn't go for a few days and of course they can't do anything about it.
i'm also going ncs and ive got no idea what we're doing, i just know they love spamming emails
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads