The Student Room Group

Help with Geography Alevel question aqa

Assess the potential causes and impacts of changes to the water balance within a tropical rainforest that you have studied (20)

I am really stuck on how to structure this essay and i am not sure on what main points i need to write about. So can someone pls help me with this?
Original post by Lemon 24
Assess the potential causes and impacts of changes to the water balance within a tropical rainforest that you have studied (20)

I am really stuck on how to structure this essay and i am not sure on what main points i need to write about. So can someone pls help me with this?

I think it's essentially a question on human activity in the tropical rainforest.
Intro- Define water balance, state case study of rainforest state the water balance in the rainforest with inputs, outputs etc.

Para 1- How have humans impacted the rainforest water balance. Link to climate change and extreme weather- both human induced and natural climate change.

Para 2- What limits are there to human activity- initiatives eg. environmental law, protection

Conclusion- to a .... extent I think human activity is having.... impacts on the water cycle compared to natural impacts.

Hope that helps!
do we need to know the rainforest as it isn't in the advanced spec?
Original post by anon2003!
do we need to know the rainforest as it isn't in the advanced spec?

For year 13 taking the A level in 2022?
This is a essay plan
Start off by a short definition of key terms. For paragraph one discuss how human behaviour has impacted upon the rainforests. In paragraph two focus a bit more on limits of human activity and the like. Give some good examples and so on. Sum up by a short conclusion describing your own perspective on the whole issue.

Quick Reply

Latest