The Student Room Group

Anybody still working from home?

I am due to start a job in the department for education next week where the staff were doing 2 or 3 days in office and the rest at home (not contracted) which I had got my hopes up for due to the cost of city centre parking but I keep seeing on the news about civil servants being forced to go back to office full time. Does anybody currently work in the civil service and have any knowledge about plans surrounding working from home?
Original post by MAI10
I am due to start a job in the department for education next week where the staff were doing 2 or 3 days in office and the rest at home (not contracted) which I had got my hopes up for due to the cost of city centre parking but I keep seeing on the news about civil servants being forced to go back to office full time. Does anybody currently work in the civil service and have any knowledge about plans surrounding working from home?

Department for education will be in the office 80% of the time :frown:
Reply 2
I won’t be based in London so I was hoping it was more aimed at those offices but I wasn’t too sure if it was aimed at all civil servants but just making a point about the London offices because of the extra expense.
Reply 3
Original post by Cherryblossom91
Department for education will be in the office 80% of the time :frown:

Oh that was more than I was hoping for! Do you work in the department for education/ where did you hear it was 80%?
Original post by MAI10
Oh that was more than I was hoping for! Do you work in the department for education/ where did you hear it was 80%?

My brother works there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending