The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Meat eaters make me upset

I long for a day when people will stop eating meat, the pain and torture those animals suffer makes me cry, what will it take to make people realise that? Please tell me others are considering going vegan?

Scroll to see replies

How it's something personal to me this
Always amazed when people get all teary eyed over imaginary animals but mentally condemn any and all plants to death without a thought.
Original post by StriderHort
Always amazed when people get all teary eyed over imaginary animals but mentally condemn any and all plants to death without a thought.

They are real animals and you need to watch some of the videos when they are killed, you will soon change your mind on eating meat
I’m vegetarian, but stuff like this is so annoying. Some vegans crossposted to r/vegetarian basically ******** all over vegetarinism, I go and construct a counter-argument on the post and get downvoted into oblivion, with everyone responding pestering me to go vegan. SHUT UP. Let people make their own food choices, pestering people into switching only makes the movements despised.

Educate people and let them choose, don’t pester them or guilt-shame them.
Original post by Anonymous
I long for a day when people will stop eating meat, the pain and torture those animals suffer makes me cry, what will it take to make people realise that? Please tell me others are considering going vegan?

bro we are literally made to eat meat. it's the whole story of life

i managed to slip in a lion king reference LOL
They are real animals and you need to watch some of the videos when they are killed, you will soon change your mind on eating meat

So your argument is that plants aren't real plants? Just because you aren't capable of relating to them the same way doesn't make them any less real buddy. As said, amazed at the tunnel vision often displayed.
Meat eaters need to be made to feel guilty just like car owners should be made to go electric

I'll think it over while taking my 90s car out for a drive, proper smoke belcher that one.
Attachment not found

fennel has feelings

:emo:

I just enjoyed a double beef burger always loved a bit of cow

More to the point, people who get teary eyed over imaginary animals but condemn all the brown people who work for slave wages to produce their soy and tofu products to poverty and crippling working conditions...while also damning any of those same people who keep farm animals for subsistence to support themselves beyond the pittance they are paid by multinational conglomerates for them to feed privileged white vegans to complain about how meat eating hurts their feelings.

The cognitive dissonance is obscene.
I only eat meat because I need cheap protein
Original post by crashcody
I’m vegetarian, but stuff like this is so annoying. Some vegans crossposted to r/vegetarian basically ******** all over vegetarinism, I go and construct a counter-argument on the post and get downvoted into oblivion, with everyone responding pestering me to go vegan. SHUT UP. Let people make their own food choices, pestering people into switching only makes the movements despised.

Educate people and let them choose, don’t pester them or guilt-shame

Original post by harlz_chalamet
bro we are literally made to eat meat. it's the whole story of life

i managed to slip in a lion king reference LOL

Yeah, it’s what nature made us for - what’s wrong is the mass doing it but it’s done it’s done and people no longer have skills to hunt. Figure something else out other than oh poooorrrr animals let them overpopulate.

i am probably missing something
Mmmm juicy steak
Mmmm juicy steak

What does beef taste like?
Original post by Inc3me
What does beef taste like?

Got a very succulent taste to it
Original post by Inc3me
Yeah, it’s what nature made us for - what’s wrong is the mass doing it but it’s done it’s done and people no longer have skills to hunt. Figure something else out other than oh poooorrrr animals let them overpopulate.

i am probably missing something

i genuinely think that the world cares more about the human well-being - getting enough protein and iron etc - rather than animals.
and yes, thankfully, there are some areas where people are completely restricted from hunting animals, but still, the main reason as to why people hunt in the first place is so that they can live.
Got a very succulent taste to it

Oohhh
Original post by the bear
fennel has feelings

:emo:

Hehe, animals also are plants - study ecosystems and biomass!
(edited 1 year ago)