The Student Room Group

National 5 chemistry exam 2022

How did everyone do in the exam, I studied a lot by doing past papers and using the sqa Endorsed book but the exam was out of the ordinary, first of all it was nothing like previous past papers and there was so much problem solving and experimental questions. I was genuinely scared as even the Mp was hard. The Redox open ended question was very stupid and I waffled thought it as I didn’t understand how I could achieve three marks. The question said Redox equations are a combination of reduction and oxidation reactions”, this was literally one of the key points to answer the question and they give it away. I do hope I get an A but maybe a B.
I quite liked it actually. I think it was more interesting than the other past papers. I liked the redox open ended question! The best thing to do for that is explain how you would carry out an example of a redox experiment, like electrolysis. I'm sure you did better than you think!!
Original post by Nat5candidate
How did everyone do in the exam, I studied a lot by doing past papers and using the sqa Endorsed book but the exam was out of the ordinary, first of all it was nothing like previous past papers and there was so much problem solving and experimental questions. I was genuinely scared as even the Mp was hard. The Redox open ended question was very stupid and I waffled thought it as I didn’t understand how I could achieve three marks. The question said Redox equations are a combination of reduction and oxidation reactions”, this was literally one of the key points to answer the question and they give it away. I do hope I get an A but maybe a B.

I had the same problem with the redox, In the end I just talked about oxidisation and reduction reactions and how they make the redox equation and how it all works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending