how does results day work?

Watch this thread
eeeeeeemos
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hiya, so I was wondering if we get an update on track (saying whether we are accepted into our firm/insurance) before we get our a level results, or if it takes place afterwards.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by eeeeeeemos)
hiya, so I was wondering if we get an update on track (saying whether we are accepted into our firm/insurance) before we get our a level results, or if it takes place afterwards.
it depends when you get your results. Track updates early I think it is about 8 maybe 8.30 so many do know whether they have been accepted by firm, insurance or are in clearing before getting their results.
PastelColours
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hellooo. So what happens is that track opens at 8am exact. You login asap (if you can the website usually crashes at 8am and you have to wait a little longer).In previous years, it would immediately show up because we used track but since ucas has changed the layout I’m assuming you tap ‘your 2022 applications’ then it will show up
It usually goes “congratulations, your place at uni of x for y has been confirmed!” depending on your grades.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Ucas hub (not track) will go live at 8:30 this year not 8am
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
UCAS does 'dark' for a week before Results Day so that Unis can process the A level and BTEC results - when Hub reopens to applicants on Results Day morning you can see what the Unis have decided.

What Happens on Results Day - read ot all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...el-results-day
Thisismyunitsr
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by eeeeeeemos)
You get an update on UCAS first thing in the morning.

You go into school afterwards and you’ll have your photo taken with a big smile on your face and you’ll have it plastered on the local newspapers along with said photograph hanging on your moms wall for all eternity.

If they’re bad you’ll run out the room crying.
Last edited by Thisismyunitsr; 1 week ago
hallamstudents
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
eeeeeeemos most people actually find out if they were accepted into their firm choice the morning of the results day, before you actually get the chance to see your results.

I actually received an email saying 'Congratulations on your acceptance to Sheffield Hallam University' the morning of my results day, so you may not even have to log in to track to find out.

Certainly check track in the morning though, this is the most sure way to know. Don't worry you don't receive an update on track in the morning though, you will at some point that day.

- Rosie
McDonaldsEmploy
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)

You go into school afterwards and you’ll have your photo taken with a big smile on your face and you’ll have it plastered on the local newspapers along with said photograph hanging on your moms wall for all eternity.

just to clarify, you dont get ur results on UCAS but just the info that you got accepted.

You have to go to school to get the results.
Last edited by McDonaldsEmploy; 4 days ago
Thisismyunitsr
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by McDonaldsEmploy)
just to clarify, you dont get ur results on UCAS but just the info that you got accepted.

Correct
McGinger
Rep:
Report 4 days ago

Unless your school releases results online on their own system - but yes, UCAS does not reveal your A level results, it will only tell you if you have been accepted or not by your Unis.
ringi
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 days ago

And getting accepted does not tell you that your results is at or over the offer as universities will often accept people who are a little below the offer.
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)

The eldest was in 2020 covid year so couldnt go to school so missed all her friends. But sneaky little devil recorded herself looking at the results on her laptop, and she cried (happy tears), and sent it me. Then I cried too lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (72)
46.15%
Not yet, but I will soon (21)
13.46%
No (63)
40.38%

Watched Threads