The Student Room Group

Need revision advice please

Hi all:smile:
I want some advice on how I could revise effectively instead of just going through notes. I do past papers and active revision but I don't really see any result from it.

Please share your revision tips and tricks. Any study advice will be appreciated.
Original post by SpanishGonkey
Hi all:smile:
I want some advice on how I could revise effectively instead of just going through notes. I do past papers and active revision but I don't really see any result from it.

Please share your revision tips and tricks. Any study advice will be appreciated.

So for revision to be effective you need to be doing active recall and then do exam questions or essay plans (based on whatever subject you’re doing heavily essay based subjects will require more essay plans). You also need to be doing spaced repetition. If you look at a past paper and realise you don’t know how to answer the question you go back to your notes write down the key points and then come back to the exam question later and try to answer it. Is there a specific subject you need tips on revising for- I do politics history and psychology so would be able to give more tips on those subjects :smile:
What subjects do you take?
Original post by Anonymous #289
So for revision to be effective you need to be doing active recall and then do exam questions or essay plans (based on whatever subject you’re doing heavily essay based subjects will require more essay plans). You also need to be doing spaced repetition. If you look at a past paper and realise you don’t know how to answer the question you go back to your notes write down the key points and then come back to the exam question later and try to answer it. Is there a specific subject you need tips on revising for- I do politics history and psychology so would be able to give more tips on those subjects :smile:

Thanks, I do maths, chemistry, and physics but your tips are still helpful :h:

Quick Reply

Latest