UBEL (ESRC) funding application

Watch this thread
Elsie_G
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard from the UBEL 2022/23 funding?
Elsie_G
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Elsie_G)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard from the UBEL 2022/23 funding?
I was informed on Thursday that I was on the reserved list ... and that they will tell me the outcome after 16th May, if someone rejected the funding.
Finger crossed ...
Venugopal
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was informed on Thursday that I was on the reserved list ... and that they will tell me the outcome after 16th May, if someone rejected the funding.
Finger crossed ...
Hi! I am on the waitlist too... I had mailed them... they said that you can expect some movement until around mid june

What pathway and university did you apply to?
Elsie_G
Rep:
(Original post by Venugopal)
Hi! I am on the waitlist too... I had mailed them... they said that you can expect some movement until around mid june

What pathway and university did you apply to?
OMG what mid June? Not mid-May? this is so far away ...

I applied to the linguistic pathway at UCL, how about you?

Hope we can get some good news early!
Venugopal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
OMG what mid June? Not mid-May? this is so far away ...

I applied to the linguistic pathway at UCL, how about you?

Hope we can get some good news early!
No they gave me the same thing about 16th may and knowing whether anybody declines their offer by then. However I had mailed them separately, and they said that beyond that as well you can expect some movement until around mid june. They wouldn't say what number I was on the reserve list though, did you mail them asking for this detail?

I applied to International Development at UCL. They also said that the wait list is common across pathways. Guess we are competing with each other in that sense.

The waiting is excruciating, especially since I also need to do a Visa and immigration process if I do get the offer...:confused:
Elsie_G
Rep:
No they gave me the same thing about 16th may and knowing whether anybody declines their offer by then. However I had mailed them separately, and they said that beyond that as well you can expect some movement until around mid june. They wouldn't say what number I was on the reserve list though, did you mail them asking for this detail?

I applied to International Development at UCL. They also said that the wait list is common across pathways. Guess we are competing with each other in that sense.

The waiting is excruciating, especially since I also need to do a Visa and immigration process if I do get the offer...:confused:
Hi there! I emailed them yesterday and they said that probably the results will come next week. So I'm not sure but hopefully as soon as possible.

Yes I feel the same! (also need the visa) I had never felt the time is passing by this slowly ...

Anyway, hope people will decline their offers
Venugopal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there! I emailed them yesterday and they said that probably the results will come next week. So I'm not sure but hopefully as soon as possible.

Yes I feel the same! (also need the visa) I had never felt the time is passing by this slowly ...

Anyway, hope people will decline their offers
Did you ask them what number on the reserve list you were?
Elsie_G
Rep:
Did you ask them what number on the reserve list you were?
Yes I did, but they said that was confidential so they did not tell me which has made the waiting even more painful...
Venugopal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
SAME THING!!!

Have you managed to find anyone else in such a situation? Or any other forums where such a discussion is going on?
Elsie_G
Rep:
SAME THING!!!

Have you managed to find anyone else in such a situation? Or any other forums where such a discussion is going on?
sadly no you are the only one I found.
I was wondering how long they will give the reserved candidates time to decide whether to accept or not. If that's over a week, then I don't think I can wait that long for another round...
Hope some good news will come tomorrow!
Venugopal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
sadly no you are the only one I found.
I was wondering how long they will give the reserved candidates time to decide whether to accept or not. If that's over a week, then I don't think I can wait that long for another round...
Hope some good news will come tomorrow!
If its only 2 people on the list chances should be good

The amount of wishful thinking Ive done in the last few days is astounding. Do post the moment you hear something.
Elsie_G
Rep:
If its only 2 people on the list chances should be good

The amount of wishful thinking Ive done in the last few days is astounding. Do post the moment you hear something.
me too the first thing i do every day recently is to check my email and the smapply website

Yes I will! Let's cross our fingers and be hopeful still!
Venugopal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
me too the first thing i do every day recently is to check my email and the smapply website

Yes I will! Let's cross our fingers and be hopeful still!
Yes. World hinges on hope. Which country would you be applying for a visa from?
Elsie_G
Rep:
Yes. World hinges on hope. Which country would you be applying for a visa from?
I'll apply possibly from China, though now I am in the UK. How about you?
Venugopal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I will be applying from India.
The visa process is going to be a bit difficult as well. Because of Ukraine. All express/priority routes have been halted here..
Venugopal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Suddenly the text on the sm apply portal has changed from Waitlist to nothing... it just says submitted now... have you checked the portal anytime recently?
Elsie_G
Rep:
No Mine is still waiting list ... does this mean you have been into the acceptance stage?

Hey! Suddenly the text on the sm apply portal has changed from Waitlist to nothing... it just says submitted now... have you checked the portal anytime recently?
Elsie_G
Rep:
If you get the offer, may I ask how long they would let you consider taking it or not? Thanks!!
Venugopal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you get the offer, may I ask how long they would let you consider taking it or not? Thanks!!
Of course!. This just may be the first step to a permanent rejection though. I dont know whether to get my hopes up or not
Elsie_G
Rep:
Of course!. This just may be the first step to a permanent rejection though. I dont know whether to get my hopes up or not
omg this is making me sooooo nervous ... I hope their results can come out as soon as possible now no matter it is for me Fingers are like, crossed so hard lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (7)
38.89%
As I expected (3)
16.67%
Harder (7)
38.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads