The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

accommodation

what accomodation in the Vale would anyone recommend? I want to be in the social/sporty area but not too expensive. chamberlain and tennis courts look nice but pricey and not sure if I want self-catered for first year
Original post by Anonymous
what accomodation in the Vale would anyone recommend? I want to be in the social/sporty area but not too expensive. chamberlain and tennis courts look nice but pricey and not sure if I want self-catered for first year

Tennis Courts usually has a really good atmosphere, but don't discount Maple Bank if you're looking for something a bit more affordable! :smile: You can also opt in to catered at Maple Bank, so that might be something to consider. Happy to answer any questions!" - Molly
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by University of Birmingham
Tennis Courts usually has a really good atmosphere, but don't discount Maple Bank if you're looking for something a bit more affordable! :smile: You can also opt in to catered at Maple Bank, so that might be something to consider. Happy to answer any questions!" - Molly

Thanks so much!
I think I've narrowed it down to Shackleton, tennis courts and chamberlain, but not sure about a 4th one. I went to see Birmingham last week but really didn't like Maple bank so I think that's a no from me. Any thoughts? I think Elgar court may be nice but not sure about the atmosphere!
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks so much!
I think I've narrowed it down to Shackleton, tennis courts and chamberlain, but not sure about a 4th one. I went to see Birmingham last week but really didn't like Maple bank so I think that's a no from me. Any thoughts? I think Elgar court may be nice but not sure about the atmosphere!

I would say, design wise, Shackleton and Elgar Court are quite similar, but with Shackleton being a lot bigger and also being above The Hub, it probably has a bit more of an atmosphere, great if that's what you're looking for but probably not ideal for someone looking for something a bit quieter.

Tennis courts is usually pretty social, and is a bit close to campus with obviously the main difference being that it has shared bathrooms rather than en-suites. :smile:

Any more questions let me know! - Molly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending