The Student Room Group

A-Level OCR Law

Hey, I'm really struggling with how to revise for law. My entire 2 years of college have been shambles and we've recently got a teacher who's fresh out of uni and her teach is quite terrible (no offence to her, it's just the truth). She refuses to help us revise and no one in the entire class received an A in their last mock. So, I know I have to reteach myself the entire course but how would I do that effectively? Do I just rewrite notes or do practice questions for each topic?
Original post by mariajv_00
Hey, I'm really struggling with how to revise for law. My entire 2 years of college have been shambles and we've recently got a teacher who's fresh out of uni and her teach is quite terrible (no offence to her, it's just the truth). She refuses to help us revise and no one in the entire class received an A in their last mock. So, I know I have to reteach myself the entire course but how would I do that effectively? Do I just rewrite notes or do practice questions for each topic?

check out what you need to get done on the exam boards website and look at past papers, then i always would just write a big word document in sections about everything i know and then where there is a blank, fill it in with some extra research or a textbook, when terrible teachers exist, textbooks are saviours!
Reply 2
Original post by mariajv_00

Firstly make sure your notes are very organised by topic and do not just say "that's a future me problem", whether that is in folders or word docs. For me, the best method of revision is past papers so i can highlight my weaknesses and BLURTING!. Get yourself some revision cards from tesco (about £1-£2) and what i do is write each principle i need to remember for a topic and then the case at the end. (EG. for Diminished Responsibility my card went 1) Definition 2)Abnormality of mental functioning-Byrne etc). I barely did anything in college and this method took me from consistent E's to B's and A's after using it for about week per each big topic (as in a week for criminal, Tort etc). It is important that you learn one topic such as Assault from your case cards, then flip it over and freely recall each principle and case in order on a piece of paper over and over until you make no mistakes 3 time. Trust me you cannot possibly do badly if you try this.

Quick Reply

Latest