The Student Room Group

applying to uni help

Hello! I’m gonna apply to uni this year and need some help. I haven’t written my personal statement yet, I want to apply to two different degrees at different unis for e.g at one uni I wanna apply to pharmacy and at another uni I wanna apply for accounting. I’ve done work experience in a pharmacy so I’m gonna write it on my personal statement, however I have an interest in accounting but not yet decided. If my personal statement tilts towards the pharmacy side will the uni for accounting not accept me for their course ??
You're going to have to make a decision between them at some point - it would make far more sense to make it before you put your application in.

Yes, anyone considering you for an accounting degree is going to read a PS which is all about how much you want to study pharmacy and most likely reject you on the spot. It's common for people to apply for degrees which are similar but not identical, but not degrees which are completely different.
Is there a way I can apply to both since the uni I want to do requires lower grades
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Is there a way I can apply to both since the uni I want to do requires lower grades

Call both unis and ask if either will accept a personal statement submitted directly to them via email. Then you’ll know if you can apply to both without hampering one of the applications.
Original post by Admit-One
Call both unis and ask if either will accept a personal statement submitted directly to them via email. Then you’ll know if you can apply to both without hampering one of the applications.

If they accept ps by email can u send two different ps to diff unis
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
If they accept ps by email can u send two different ps to diff unis

You can send one via your UCAS application and the second via email, (assuming they agree).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending