The Student Room Group

New to Spanish and need help

I recently shifted here from India, where I didn't learn Spanish (Not an option at my school even though most schools did have Spanish) and I joined Year 9 here. When I joined the school, it was the final day to choose GCSE subjects and one MFL was compulsory so I took Spanish. My friends have been learning Spanish for 2 years and I know nothing about it, I've told my teachers about it but I still need help. Can someone help me with ideas, resources, tips, websites, or tuitions I can do to catch up with the Spanish? It would be really helpful : )
Reply 1
Original post by Kartikaye
I recently shifted here from India, where I didn't learn Spanish (Not an option at my school even though most schools did have Spanish) and I joined Year 9 here. When I joined the school, it was the final day to choose GCSE subjects and one MFL was compulsory so I took Spanish. My friends have been learning Spanish for 2 years and I know nothing about it, I've told my teachers about it but I still need help. Can someone help me with ideas, resources, tips, websites, or tuitions I can do to catch up with the Spanish? It would be really helpful : )

Quizlet is very good for flashcards, try to find ones that are directly related to the spec you do. You can use it to learn a lot of vocab, which in my opinion is the only main disadvantage you'll be at compared to your classmates. From memory you barely touched a lot of the grammer in lower school.
Reply 2
Original post by Skiwi
Quizlet is very good for flashcards, try to find ones that are directly related to the spec you do. You can use it to learn a lot of vocab, which in my opinion is the only main disadvantage you'll be at compared to your classmates. From memory you barely touched a lot of the grammer in lower school.

Ill take a look at Quizlet : )
Original post by Kartikaye

Use duolingo (app) to help you learn Spanish. Buy a grammar book to help you with your grammar.
Reply 4
As some other people I have said I would recommend Quizlet to learn vocabulary, but for grammar Languages online is a good tool. Depending on the exam board for GCSE their may be some useful textbooks you could buy to practice for the exams.
again, quizlet is a great app to use for memorization of vocabulary. i would start with basic words and grammar such as food, family, city names, hobbies, etc. for example - apple = manzana and comer - to eat (verb). also to learn grammar conjugations is important.
I recommend spanish after hours youtube channel. the speaking is very easy to understand :]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending