The Student Room Group

University choice for Aerospace engineering

I am Swiss and will finish the IB diploma. I have applied to the UK and the Netherland for aerospace engineering. It is looking like I will have to make the choice between The University of Bath or TU Delft.What would be your pick. And how different is student life in the two
Original post by Yann_tapiero
I am Swiss and will finish the IB diploma. I have applied to the UK and the Netherland for aerospace engineering. It is looking like I will have to make the choice between The University of Bath or TU Delft.What would be your pick. And how different is student life in the two

Hi,

I'm currently a first year Aerospace Eng student at Uni of Bath. Although I can't give you any comparison in relation to TU Delft, I can definitely tell you about my experience at Bath. Bath is currently ranked #2 in the UK for Aerospace Engineering just after Imperial College. I'll split this into the course experience and student life experience:

Course:
As of now, I have really loved the course here. It is a perfect mix of practical and theoretical learning in my opinion. The teaching is of a very high standard which also means the intensity of the course is quite high. Every week, you'll have at least 3-4 problem sheets in total in addition to quizzes and tutorial sessions. All of these are optional, but even if you find yourself going to every one and doing every problem sheet, you will most likely find by mid-term that it is just a bit too much to do simultaneously however you'll end up catching up before exams. What I really like about this course is how much practical aspects there are to it. You'll have multiple design projects starting as soon as you join as well as labs which surprisingly are directly linked to what they teach you and actually helps you understand what's being taught much better. There's also loads of extra-curricular engineering groups you can join like the Bath Rocket Team, Bath Racing Team, Bath e-racing etc.

Uni itself:
Bath is an incredibly beautiful city so highly commend the city itself. The university has lots of very good facilities especially for sport with many Team GB athletes training there, hence again, very good facilities. There are loads of clubs and societies and the SU is very good.

Student life:
The first thing that normally will come to most students mind is nightlife. Although it doesn't have the most clubs or the largest, there are around 5/6 clubs in Bath which are very popular. For me, they are more than adequate for the regular party-goer however if you do decide you need more, Bristol is literally a 10 minute train away to some of the much bigger clubs. In general, student life is pretty relaxed especially with a good group of friends/flatmates, Bath is a very relaxing place to be with lots of restaurants and shops all in a large but condensed city centre.

Feel free to ask any other questions :smile:
Original post by Yann_tapiero

I've had to make that same choice and I have chosen Delft.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending