Asking current students/alumni about Mechanical Eng at Leeds.

Watch this thread
harneetsbaweja
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello University of Leeds community! I have an offer for mechanical engineering (2022 entry) from Uni of Leeds.

Could anyone please tell me what they like/dislike about the course?

For example, if the course doesn't offer enough choices for optional modules, if the academic support is good/bad, whether you don't like the way that the course is organised, or that the tests ask questions on content not taught before. Anything really! (These are just examples that I have made up).

Thank you all!
ZeeshanYousuf
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I have a similar question for a course within the department so I’m going to keep an eye out on this thread!
harneetsbaweja
Rep:
(Original post by ZeeshanYousuf)
Hey! I have a similar question for a course within the department so I’m going to keep an eye out on this thread!
Let's wait and see what the students have to say!
harneetsbaweja
Rep:
Have you found any useful information? No one seems to have replied to my question. :/
ZeeshanYousuf
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harneetsbaweja)
Have you found any useful information? No one seems to have replied to my question. :/
I did… and it SUCCS, (facilities wise)… students felt really happy there but it didn’t seem at the quality and organization of Loughborough Notts or Warwick
ZeeshanYousuf
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Source: I went to their open day
harneetsbaweja
Rep:
I did… and it SUCCS, (facilities wise)… students felt really happy there but it didn’t seem at the quality and organization of Loughborough Notts or Warwick
This is really helpful information! I'll make a note of this because I have Warwick as one of my options. I have been to Warwick's open day, looks like a great place! May I ask what do you mean by facilities? Also, could you tell me what was the ethnic diversity on the open day like?
ZeeshanYousuf
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is really helpful information! I'll make a note of this because I have Warwick as one of my options. I have been to Warwick's open day, looks like a great place! May I ask what do you mean by facilities? Also, could you tell me what was the ethnic diversity on the open day like?
By facilities, I mean: How modern the buildings are, the modernity and scale of the machinery and tools, how kitted out the labs are, how many workbenches there were to each person, etc... it seems Loughborough for me had the upper hand out of my three, but Warwick wasn't so shabby!

I went to the open day too!

With regards to ethnic diversity, Warwick, it seems, tends to take in a LOT of international students, way more than average, and generally speaking, a lot of those students, especially engineers and business grads come from East Asia... but there is a huge mix from all over, and I think that's awesome!
harneetsbaweja
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
By facilities, I mean: How modern the buildings are, the modernity and scale of the machinery and tools, how kitted out the labs are, how many workbenches there were to each person, etc... it seems Loughborough for me had the upper hand out of my three, but Warwick wasn't so shabby!

I went to the open day too!

With regards to ethnic diversity, Warwick, it seems, tends to take in a LOT of international students, way more than average, and generally speaking, a lot of those students, especially engineers and business grads come from East Asia... but there is a huge mix from all over, and I think that's awesome!
The diversity at Warwick stood out when I went there too! I unforfunately couldn't go to leeds, therefore started this discussion! Thanks a lot for sharing your opinion on the universities!
ZeeshanYousuf
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
The diversity at Warwick stood out when I went there too! I unforfunately couldn't go to leeds, therefore started this discussion! Thanks a lot for sharing your opinion on the universities!
no probs, just to clarify, i was saying that Leeds was the worst of my 5 by a huge margin, by the looks of the open day, in case it wasn't clear... hope you found this useful! ive firmed warwick
harneetsbaweja
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 minute ago
no probs, just to clarify, i was saying that Leeds was the worst of my 5 by a huge margin, by the looks of the open day, in case it wasn't clear... hope you found this useful! ive firmed warwick
Ohhh I see! I got an extended deadline to reply to offers and will be firming Warwick soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (3)
37.5%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (5)
62.5%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads