The Student Room Group

BSc Psychology vs Early Childhood Education and Care BA(Hons)

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know what are the differences between a psychology BSc and Early Childhood Education and Care BA(Hons)?

Also after completing an Early Childhood Education and Care BA(Hons), what can I do with it?

Thanks in advice.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Pao_
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know what are the differences between a psychology BSc and early Childhood Studies BA Honours?

Thanks in advice.

Hey Pao,

Hope your are doing good and well!

In terms of these two degrees, they will vary widely depending on which university supplies the course.

Using ourselves as an example, we offer a Psychology single honours, an Early Childhood single honorus, or we also offer you the oppertunity to study both courses as a combined honours degree!

The Early Years course explores young children’s development and interaction with the world and that in understanding the inequalities that children face locally and globally, you will grow as advocates for young children’s needs and rights. This degree also offers exceptional opportunities for work experience and employment, as students on this course will further engage with the notion of professional practice and pedagogy by engaging in an observational placement.

Furthermore, our Psychology course is interested in the scientific study of the mind and behavior. It is a course that investigates how people perceive the world, structure their thinking and interact with others. Concepts such as personality and social behavior are the building blocks of this course, such as Psychopathy and group processes. Additionally, this Psychology is concerned with developmental psychology, such as child development, language and brain transitions over time - so would intersect with the early years degree very well.

Furthermore, if you study our Pschology course as a combined honours, you will not lose the accreditation. This means that upon completion of studies, given a degree grade of a 2.2 or above, and achieving a pass grade or above in the final year dissertation project, students are eligible for Graduate Basis of Chartered Membership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society (BPS). GBC is important for training and careers in Psychology beyond undergraduate study and means you can go on to be a Psychologist.

I hope this gives things a bit of context. Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to answer them for you!

Hope you have a lovely week!

Kind regards,

Rachel :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending