fortim
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I would like to start a separate thread for IMGs who ended up on the UKFPO 2022 Reserve list, is there a particular way I should go about this? Thanks in advance!

Edit: I guess this started the thread, apologies for not having done much research beforehand.
Last edited by fortim; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Any update on CoS?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Any update on CoS?
I didn't get anything at all ever since the welcome email from my deanery (South Thames), which was on the 21st of April. I thought HEE would have at least gotten in contact with us by now
anonymous2357
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Any update on CoS?
I never received anything from my deanery (North West). However, I just got an email now (I emailed them around a week ago, got a reply as I am typing this message) from the England branch of the sponsorship team, saying this:

'Thank you for your email.

We are currently in the process of sending out the CoS Application details. We will contact you with further details in a few days.'

So, reassuring that they haven't forgotten us but frustrating because the details have been en route to the relevant people for around 2 weeks now.
Last edited by anonymous2357; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous2357)
I never received anything from my deanery (North West). However, I just got an email now (I emailed them around a week ago, got a reply as I am typing this message) from the England branch of the sponsorship team, saying this:

'Thank you for your email.

We are currently in the process of sending out the CoS Application details. We will contact you with further details in a few days.'

So, reassuring that they haven't forgotten us but frustrating because the details have been en route to the relevant people for around 2 weeks now.
Oh wow, this is the biggest news I've seen since the allocations were published! Reassuring definitely, however I do agree with the wait being stressful, especially with some of my colleagues who managed to score a post on the primary list (also IMGs) already organising their documents and planning their immediate future. Was there no communication at all from your deanery regarding match to programme plans? We in South Thames will get no option to choose as the places and the timeline are as tight as they are, as per their email.
anonymous2357
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh wow, this is the biggest news I've seen since the allocations were published! Reassuring definitely, however I do agree with the wait being stressful, especially with some of my colleagues who managed to score a post on the primary list (also IMGs) already organising their documents and planning their immediate future. Was there no communication at all from your deanery regarding match to programme plans? We in South Thames will get no option to choose as the places and the timeline are as tight as they are, as per their email.
Hi, for North West, they told us that the first batch of people will be informed of the programmes available next week, and they have 2 days after they release these programmes to give them their final ranking. Results of those will be out by the week after. So, I'm guessing we do get a choice.

I am honestly shook by the fact that they left you in the dark on when you can expect to get allocated and where you can be. Hopefully you'll get a place you like x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Well, I didn't know about the strict no group chat off-site policy! Didn't mean to break any rules. We can post here any updates we receive, should be useful for everyone regardless of their deanery.
Medicalstudentt
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Didn't know about the group chat rule, can South Thames IMGs DM me, and we can just update each other using this site then.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Medicalstudentt)
Didn't know about the group chat rule, can South Thames IMGs DM me, and we can just update each other using this site then.
Still can't DM because my account isn't quite ready yet, but I will for sure post here anything of interest!
danegl3438
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Me neither
danegl3438
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I cannot DM either because just started this account as well. Thanks for posting.

I was just wondering however, if anyone in this thread has any information on next steps we have to do. The last email we got from South thames was back in April 21 as you know and no news since then. I was just wondering if we should get the ball rolling on ANY type of documentation whatsover (ie. visa, sponsorship, diploma certification (if that's a thing), references, etc.)

If anyone has any idea on this, would be much appreciated! As an IMG, definitely feel out of the loop atm haha
anonymous2357
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danegl3438)
Yes, I cannot DM either because just started this account as well. Thanks for posting.

I was just wondering however, if anyone in this thread has any information on next steps we have to do. The last email we got from South thames was back in April 21 as you know and no news since then. I was just wondering if we should get the ball rolling on ANY type of documentation whatsover (ie. visa, sponsorship, diploma certification (if that's a thing), references, etc.)

If anyone has any idea on this, would be much appreciated! As an IMG, definitely feel out of the loop atm haha
Hey, same with North West (last time I got an email from them was April 21). With regards to sponsorship, I had sent an email and got a reply back from the England branch of the sponsorship team, they said that more information regarding the process should be sent to us in the coming days.

In terms of references, do you mean the ones that are done through Oriel? Coz I'm guessing you can urge your referee to send their reference soon. When they're done, you will get a notification from Oriel saying that the reference has been submitted.

I imagine that regardless of which deanery we are in, most of the stuff we're doing are the same (especially since we all (or most of us) fall under a deanery led by Health Education England).
danegl3438
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey, same with North West (last time I got an email from them was April 21). With regards to sponsorship, I had sent an email and got a reply back from the England branch of the sponsorship team, they said that more information regarding the process should be sent to us in the coming days.

In terms of references, do you mean the ones that are done through Oriel? Coz I'm guessing you can urge your referee to send their reference soon. When they're done, you will get a notification from Oriel saying that the reference has been submitted.

I imagine that regardless of which deanery we are in, most of the stuff we're doing are the same (especially since we all (or most of us) fall under a deanery led by Health Education England).
Yeah with regards to the reference, is it just a generic reference letter or does our refereee have to comment on certain things (i.e clinical skills, professionalism, punctuality, etc.)?

Also, have you applied for provisional registration yet or started that process? Do you know when it's due?
anonymous2357
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah with regards to the reference, is it just a generic reference letter or does our refereee have to comment on certain things (i.e clinical skills, professionalism, punctuality, etc.)?

Also, have you applied for provisional registration yet or started that process? Do you know when it's due?
My referee actually contacted me when he was going to submit the reference. He basically asked for my feedback on what he should write for the reference. In the end (if he included the things that I mentioned in the reply on the referral), he mentioned how he got to know me, what we did etc. Personally, my referee was a research tutor who I sought out to guide me through the process so the reference was based on dedication towards the project etc. So, I imagine that if your referee was a clinical supervisor, he can comment on things like punctuality, clinical skills etc.

So far I haven't applied for provisional registration because I imagine that they need things like proof of graduation, which I haven't yet have(my finals are due next month). Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure of the process we need to go through for it. People on the main reserve list thread mentioned something about the website having FAQ which may guide us through the process but I haven't checked yet.
danegl3438
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My referee actually contacted me when he was going to submit the reference. He basically asked for my feedback on what he should write for the reference. In the end (if he included the things that I mentioned in the reply on the referral), he mentioned how he got to know me, what we did etc. Personally, my referee was a research tutor who I sought out to guide me through the process so the reference was based on dedication towards the project etc. So, I imagine that if your referee was a clinical supervisor, he can comment on things like punctuality, clinical skills etc.

So far I haven't applied for provisional registration because I imagine that they need things like proof of graduation, which I haven't yet have(my finals are due next month). Aside from that, I'm not entirely sure of the process we need to go through for it. People on the main reserve list thread mentioned something about the website having FAQ which may guide us through the process but I haven't checked yet.
Ahh I see that makes sense, thanks so much.

Do you know if we can ask our employer or does it have to be someone who is academic? What's the purpose of the reference btw if we already got the post..is it for red flags where they can withdraw our acceptance or anything along those lines? Or is it just a general requirement
Last edited by danegl3438; 1 month ago
anonymous2357
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ahh I see that makes sense, thanks so much.

Do you know if we can ask our employer or does it have to be someone who is academic? What's the purpose of the reference btw if we already got the post..is it for red flags where they can withdraw our acceptance or anything along those lines? Or is it just a general requirement
I think that the referee (which we were asked to provide details of the referee in the original application we submitted to the UKFPO back in September) should have known us from a clinical or academic setting (obviously, if there is anyone who knows otherwise, please let us know, it's greatly appreciated). I think it's just a general requirement needed from us because even people from the primary list needed to input such information back in September of 2021.
Eoms
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Any IMG that chose East Anglia got any mail regarding the placement and COS? I am very anxious at this point cuz there literally is no update from the deanery except the welcome mail 🥲
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Eoms)
Any IMG that chose East Anglia got any mail regarding the placement and COS? I am very anxious at this point cuz there literally is no update from the deanery except the welcome mail 🥲
Its the same for EBH. Since they are under East of England school, they might send updates together…
Medicalstudentt
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone, Just received my CoS email. I’m in south thames. So hopefully you should all receive one soon.
anonymous2357
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone, Just received my CoS email. I’m in south thames. So hopefully you should all receive one soon.
Hey, I received an email from them as well but on the instructions on accessing the portal. No email on log in details just yet (I have already sent them an email re this). Does anyone else have this issue? (I'm in North West)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (64)
27.83%
As I expected (71)
30.87%
Harder (87)
37.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.48%

Watched Threads