The Student Room Group

How can I write the best History essay possible?

I take 1C Tudors and 2N Russia(1917-53) for AQA A-Level.

I know Point, Evidence, Explain, Link is the best structure, at least that seems the general consensus.

How do I stop myself from including every piece of information on a topic in it?

Should I include counter arguments in each paragraph and then explain why the counter argument is valid/not valid?

I'm getting around 18 in each essay but I still don't really understand how to go about it properly. Also, any chance anyone knows where to find good sample essays to base my own off?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by AnotherStudent!
I take 1C Tudors and 2N Russia(1917-53) for AQA A-Level.

I know Point, Evidence, Explain, Link is the best structure, at least that seems the general consensus.

How do I stop myself from including every piece of information on a topic in it?

Should I include counter arguments in each paragraph and then explain why the counter argument is valid/not valid?

I'm getting around 18 in each essay but I still don't really understand how to go about it properly. Also, any chance anyone knows where to find good sample essays to base my own off?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.stuvia.com/bundle/112481/aqa-a-level-history-the-tudors-1c-complete-revision-guide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending