Gap year 2022

Watch this thread
not_applicable
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey so I've just decided to defer my uni's until 2023 and am now facing the question of what to do on my gap year. Ideally, I would like to do some volunteering or conservation work in a different country, or get a job in a different country for a while. Can anyone point me to groups/websites that could be helpful? I have no clue where to start looking or if anything will be available since I decided on a gap year relatively late compared to some of my peers!
dam_kh1
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by not_applicable)
Hey so I've just decided to defer my uni's until 2023 and am now facing the question of what to do on my gap year. Ideally, I would like to do some volunteering or conservation work in a different country, or get a job in a different country for a while. Can anyone point me to groups/websites that could be helpful? I have no clue where to start looking or if anything will be available since I decided on a gap year relatively late compared to some of my peers!
For volunteering, your local website is useful! For jobs, indeed and linkedIn are very useful!
emilybemily1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm also taking a gap year this year until september 2023, i am going to costa rica for a month to do some conservation work through a company called verdizaul who're supposed to be really good, they do animal conservation and stuff like that
lilyedwards24
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I’m also taking a gap year and over the winter season am doing a ski season, then hopefully some volunteering abroad during the summer!
Jla244
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lilyedwards24)
Hey, I’m also taking a gap year and over the winter season am doing a ski season, then hopefully some volunteering abroad during the summer!
Are you working in your ski season? I wanna do one too but I have no idea where to look
lilyedwards24
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jla244)
Are you working in your ski season? I wanna do one too but I have no idea where to look
(Original post by Jla244)
Yes, I’m hoping Canada and it’s fairly expensive there so will need to work to fund it. From what I’ve seen it’s now fairly hard to go to Europe and get the European visa. For jobs I’ve just signed up to websites/newsletters to look for job offers being posted and as long as I’m working on the hill I don’t mind
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I’m hoping Canada and it’s fairly expensive there so will need to work to fund it. From what I’ve seen it’s now fairly hard to go to Europe and get the European visa. For jobs I’ve just signed up to websites/newsletters to look for job offers being posted and as long as I’m working on the hill I don’t mind
Hello, I'm also taking a gap year!
To the starter of the thread: honestly it doesn't really matter whether you decide to take a gap year now or early in advance but it's good that you've started to come up with ideas. I hope that it will go splendidly.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on my plans for a gap year? It would be much appreciated
I was planning to find a job and work from now until around Christmas, then travel to Europe and stay with my family (I'm lucky enough to hold an EU passport and have relatives there so I get the best of both worlds). I've yet to formally plan going to Europe as it's an idea that I've only thought of recently but I really do hope I can do it. I would stay in four countries for about two weeks each (so I'd be away for two months in total). In between now and Christmas I'm also hoping to volunteer at a theatre and complete work experience- I'm doing some now at my old school which has been going ok so far. I've also got some other goals that I'd love to accomplish during my time off such as getting my driver's license, learning all my mum's recipes and completing a CELTA intensive course (it's rather pricey but it's a course for teaching English to students who don't speak it as their first language and I think it would helpful for what I want to do in the future.

Sorry for the rambling
Last edited by hyacinth77; 1 month ago
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also wanted to say that your gap year plans sound really cool
gabi2021
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I helped elephants in Thailand which was really amazing! You could book everything by yourself or go with a company. I would recommend websites like Gap Year World to book something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
69.23%
In the post (3)
3.85%
Text (10)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
14.1%

Watched Threads