The Student Room Group

OCR Computer Science & AQA Business Revision Help

I am attempting to do OCR comp science in a year and have made very good progress getting an D on my mocks and achieving Cs on practice tests however I need a B for my offer. I have also been fortunate to have 2 years for my Business course however I'm falling behind and need an A for my offer.

does anyone who has or is currently on this course have any effective revision strategies or general advice or resources they can link to me please

any help is appreciated
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jjxton
I am attempting to do OCR comp science in a year and have made very good progress getting an D on my mocks and achieving Cs on practice tests however I need a B for my offer. I have also been fortunate to have 2 years for my Business course however I'm falling behind and need an A for my offer.

does anyone who has or is currently on this course have any effective revision strategies or general advice or resources they can link to me please

any help is appreciated

Hi! I did OCR Computer Science and Isaac Computer Science will probably help you (https://isaaccomputerscience.org/topics/a_level?examBoard=all&stage=all#ocr) that's the link for the OCR specification too so if you think you're struggling with any specific topics then you can click on the underlined words which will take you to a new window and explain concepts to you- they then have practice exam questions for each topic at the bottom of their respective pages, and if it says P1 after it it's for Paper 1, and P2 for Paper 2. My advice is to get really good at the Paper 2 ethics questions- for me that was an easy set of marks to be honest, especially because ethical computing is really interesting to me. I can give you some help on how to get better at them if you need that too, just drop me a message.
Unfortunately I didn't do A-Level Business :/

-Elise
I did AQA business last year- my main tips would be:
- practice lots of past paper questions
- make note of any real-life business examples that are mentioned in class or you see in the news
- quizlets
- when making notes, make sure to use the specification so you don't end up wasting time revising necessary content

Quick Reply