psychology ps help

Watch this thread
nikocado
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i haven't started my personal statement yet but i do know i want to go into psychology and do a degree in it. is there anything to help me with writing it related to psychology? i have started to listen to podcasts but i find them boring similar to books as i have a low attention span. also is there anything specific to psy i should mention e.g skills related to psy?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Check out this guidance and links for psych PSs https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6213912
EdgeHillStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nikocado)
i haven't started my personal statement yet but i do know i want to go into psychology and do a degree in it. is there anything to help me with writing it related to psychology? i have started to listen to podcasts but i find them boring similar to books as i have a low attention span. also is there anything specific to psy i should mention e.g skills related to psy?
Hi nikocado,

I am a current First-Year student studying Psychology I would recommend considering the reasons you want to study Psychology and why you are passionate about the subject. I would take your time and really make your personal statement something that you are proud of and reflects you as a person and your suitability for the subject. If you have any particular interests or passions within Psychology it would be great to discuss these as it shows your enthusiasm for the subject. I would recommend being as concise as possible and highlighting your strengths and relating this to why this would make you a good Psychology student. Some of the key skills I feel are important in a Psychology course are your ability to communicate with others, your ability to write academically, for example in essays and lab reports, and your ability to present your work (which is important for group and individual presentations). Other key skills needed for Psychology include organization, problem-solving and analytical skills. Try not to just list all the skills you have, instead discuss examples of when you have shown or developed these skills as well as why you feel this will help you during your time at university. You should also highlight any work experience you have and how this has helped you to develop skills which will help you at university.

I hope this is helpful,
Best of luck with your Personal Statement writing!

Katie - First Year Educational Psychology Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads