The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

allocated grey college

it was my 5th choice but not too fussed about that. just wondering if anyone can give me a rundown on what to expect? (obvs other than stuff already on the college website)

i didn’t manage to have a look around on the offer holder day, i’ve heard a few people say it’s kind of boring and meh?! it seems pretty nice from what i can tell.. also i’m a veggie and unsure what the meals are like…my biggest worry probs!! lol

a lot of the other posts i could find on tsr about grey are suuuuper old so i wasn’t sure if it had changed since then??

thanks!! :•]
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by angrydog32
it was my 5th choice but not too fussed about that. just wondering if anyone can give me a rundown on what to expect? (obvs other than stuff already on the college website)

i didn’t manage to have a look around on the offer holder day, i’ve heard a few people say it’s kind of boring and meh?! it seems pretty nice from what i can tell.. also i’m a veggie and unsure what the meals are like…my biggest worry probs!! lol

a lot of the other posts i could find on tsr about grey are suuuuper old so i wasn’t sure if it had changed since then??

Hi there

@XanaXoid may be able to help :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Hi, I'm not at Grey and unfortunately I don't have many friends from there so I don't know a lot about it.
I have been there few times and I really liked the grounds and also the bar. Also they have a term system for people sharing a room, meaning that you would share a room for only a term and after if you want you can have a single room.
Also Grey is in a perfect location! Really close to both lower and upper science sites and not far away from the city.
Being veggie shouldn't be a problem either since all colleges have vegetarian options. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find Grey's menus online but they should be fairly similar to any other college. https://trevsjcr.com/menus/
Let me know if I can help with more!
Reply 3
Original post by XanaXoid
Hi, I'm not at Grey and unfortunately I don't have many friends from there so I don't know a lot about it.
I have been there few times and I really liked the grounds and also the bar. Also they have a term system for people sharing a room, meaning that you would share a room for only a term and after if you want you can have a single room.
Also Grey is in a perfect location! Really close to both lower and upper science sites and not far away from the city.
Being veggie shouldn't be a problem either since all colleges have vegetarian options. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find Grey's menus online but they should be fairly similar to any other college. https://trevsjcr.com/menus/
Let me know if I can help with more!

thank you, i appreciate the reply :smile:

It's a decent college, very close like (2mins) to the maths department. I've heard holgate accomodation is pretty good all ensuites. It's also the only catered hill college. It's about 10mins to the science sites and bill bryson library. There are always vegetarian options so don't worry.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
It's a decent college, very close like (2mins) to the maths department. I've heard holgate accomodation is pretty good all ensuites. It's also the only catered hill college. It's about 10mins to the science sites and bill bryson library. There are always vegetarian options so don't worry.

thank you!! :smile:

It's certainly not the only catered Hill college ... Trevelyan, Collingwood, Van Mildert, St Aiden's and St Mary's are all catered too.
It's certainly not the only catered Hill college ... Trevelyan, Collingwood, Van Mildert, St Aiden's and St Mary's are all catered too.

Correction: the only catered college with good food. I don't count the rotten cabbages and sewage water from Mildert's food.
Hey :smile: I don't rlly know much about it either but hello from another veggie who has been allocated Grey College 👋
Reply 9
Original post by Wonderpotato
Hey :smile: I don't rlly know much about it either but hello from another veggie who has been allocated Grey College 👋

hello, that’s good to hear :•]
i hope we both have a great time there!

and i may as well ask, which course are you going for?
and i may as well ask, which course are you going for?

Chinese studies, how about you?
Chinese studies, how about you?

japanese studies! :]

Quick Reply

Latest