Book help: The Great Gatsby and Age of Innocence

Watch this thread
ANJN999
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was originally doing my dissertation on slave narratives. However, as my mental health declined, I had to change my topic and apply for extenuating circumstances. When you are going through depression, reading traumatic novels is not the vibe.

I am now discussing the problematic representation of women in American 1920s literature. I will be using Daisy from The Great Gatsby and May Welland from The Age of Innocence. This is where I need help! I need a third text/character! I've searched and searched but can not find a similar female 1920s protagonist who is beautiful and "dumb". Basically, I am asking:
Does anyone know any 1920 female characters like Daisy or May? I am not arguing that these characters are dumb, I am arguing that their shallow representation is PROBLEMATIC.
Please help me out!

*P.S: I am having to repost this because it was removed. I think this happened because I posted it too many times. Sorry for all the people I offended. This wont happen again I was just really desperate. Please let me know if I should change forums.
Last edited by ANJN999; 1 month ago
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Okay. Try Jo M from Little Women
ANJN999
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
Okay. Try Jo M from Little Women
Thank you so much. Is she beautiful and "dumb"?. Also I don't think this novel is set in the 1920s
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Take a look at Isabella Linton from Wuthering Heights, Rosamond Vincy from Middlemarch, Lydia Bennet from Pride&Prejudice, Winifred Forsyte from Forsyte Saga and Meg March from Little Women.
ANJN999
Rep:
(Original post by londonmyst)
Take a look at Isabella Linton from Wuthering Heights, Rosamond Vincy from Middlemarch, Lydia Bennet from Pride&Prejudice, Winifred Forsyte from Forsyte Saga and Meg March from Little Women.
I appreciate this so much. You are an angel. Thank you!
Last edited by ANJN999; 1 month ago
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANJN999)
Thank you so much. Is she beautiful and "dumb"?. Also I don't think this novel is set in the 1920s
Sorry and yes and no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
31.78%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (60)
46.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
20.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.78%

Watched Threads