The Student Room Group

Why do women stay with men they don’t love?

I mean I do understand but at the same time I couldn’t stay. My mother is still with my dad because she doesn’t want to lose all of her financial assets- id rather be happy and save up for money though.

Any other thoughts on the topic?
Original post by Anonymous
I mean I do understand but at the same time I couldn’t stay. My mother is still with my dad because she doesn’t want to lose all of her financial assets- id rather be happy and save up for money though.

Some people are scared of change. For example, if you have been with your partner for 10 years, then you would be scared to break up because there's no guarantee that you'll find someone you love again. It would be extremely hard to break up after a long term relationship. My parents have been together for over 30 years but their relationship isn't the healthiest, but they wouldn't be able to imagine being with someone else, because they've been together for so long. Some people don't have the confidence that they'll find someone again and the older you get the harder it can be to find someone suitable again.
Original post by Anonymous

My personal experience my ex-girlfriend she stayed with me for valuable and expensive assets such as gifts. I gave her £2,000 worth of gifts as a gesture of love before I get scolded that it was my fault however, I had looked back and realised my mistake. The gifts included Air Forces, Apple Watch. Personalised birth-stone necklace and Initial Anklet. A shopping day out trip to a branded shopping centre and she stayed with me with the purpose to gold-dig me I got told from her to expect giving her Armani or Gucci gifts, I got used for my wealth I gave her small sums of money because I fell into her emotional bait of her not having enough money after paying each her household utility bills which was £300 she’d have nothing left over yet she had a job per month worth £1500-£1800 a month. More than me. As well as she emotionally wanted to hurt me as I got cheated and played on behind my back whilst we were together across her social media she would have about 90 boys chasing after her at once and she would send pictures of her and videos to them and they would send back and they would exchange flirtatious messages. She even bought something as serious as marriage and wanting kids as part of wanting to stay and eventually getting her way before she left me and I split up with her 🥹🥺.
Plenty of potential reasons.
Can't cope alone, don't want to be a single parent, emotionally codependent, financial reasons, little practical alternative, loneliness, personal convenience, to avoid disruptive changes that could ruin their business/children's lives/public image/personal finances, hoping that the male will leave them and never come back to harass or punish them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending