Primary Teaching In Wales Options

Watch this thread
Steve.G
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

Looking for some advice around entry requirements to go into primary education.

Have following GCSE grades, Maths:B, Science English Lit-C and others which are total over 5 a-c gcse, I also competed BTEC in sports performance and excellence.

Looking at the entry requirements need B in both Maths and English and at least C in Science. I am looking to enrol onto Primary Education with teacher status degree in 2023.

So looking for advice on best options, Resit GCSE to get relevant grades, Take chance on the chosen university allowing me to take equivalency tests. A little concerned if I just rey on them and I fail? Or if the university I apply for has lots of applicants they may not consider me.

Thanks
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
resit
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Steve.G)
Hi,

Looking for some advice around entry requirements to go into primary education.

Have following GCSE grades, Maths:B, Science English Lit-C and others which are total over 5 a-c gcse, I also competed BTEC in sports performance and excellence.

Looking at the entry requirements need B in both Maths and English and at least C in Science. I am looking to enrol onto Primary Education with teacher status degree in 2023.

So looking for advice on best options, Resit GCSE to get relevant grades, Take chance on the chosen university allowing me to take equivalency tests. A little concerned if I just rey on them and I fail? Or if the university I apply for has lots of applicants they may not consider me.

Thanks
Moved to the Education subforum in the Universities forum for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads