The Student Room Group

Oblique collisions

Why is the upper bound of e not equal to 1 in this case?Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 09.52.55.pngScreenshot 2022-05-06 at 09.52.35.png
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Student 999
Why is the upper bound of e not equal to 1 in this case?

Might be missing something, but I can't see any justfitication for it not being equal to one.
Original post by ghostwalker
Might be missing something, but I can't see any justfitication for it not being equal to one.

Thanks another question I have is what they they mean by momentum exchanged, I've found the impulse of particle A and B which both equals 192mu/25Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 11.26.10.png
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Student 999
Thanks another question I have is what they they mean by momentum exchanged, I've found the impulse of particle A and B which both equals 192mu/25Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 11.26.10.png

It's nothing esoteric.

Impulse equals change in momentum, and one gains it whilst the other loses it, hence they exchange some momentum, equal to the impulse.

Note: Both impulse and momentum are vector quantities, hence, being strictly accurate, we need to talk about magnitude of same here.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by ghostwalker
It's nothing esoteric.

Impulse equals change in momentum, and one gains it whilst the other loses it, hence they exchange some momentum, equal to the impulse.

Note: Both impulse and momentum are vector quantities, hence, being strictly accurate, we need to talk about magnitude of same here.

I thought so thanks, both impulses were positive which didn't make sense I must have made a mistake somewhere

Quick Reply

Latest