The Student Room Group

Help with which uni to choose

After previously having gone to university and taken a break. I am going to be going this year at 22. I have offers from Leeds, Warwick and Bristol. I want to work in wealth management or consulting but along with that going to Leeds would allow me to commute and save alot of money which at my age is important. Going to leeds i would get an 8000 loan and 3000 in bursary and would have no costs since I would be living with my parents. I am not sure since I know Warwick or Bristol would give me a better chance of securing my graduate job but then i would have to pay 4-6 thousand along with living cost. Please help
If it's of any help, there all all sorts of fact and figures available at https://discoveruni.gov.uk/, some of which might dispel your theory that "Warwick or Bristol would give me a better chance of securing my graduate job".

You don't mention what degree your offers are for, so I picked BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance as being a plausible degree for someone interested in wealth management or consulting. Take a look at the pages for that course at:

University of Leeds
University of Warwick
University of Bristol

They show that 95% of Leeds graduates (of that course) are "now working", "doing further study" or "working and studying" 15 months after the course. Of those who were working, 80% were in "highly skilled work" (primarily finance professionals).
Original post by DataVenia
If it's of any help, there all all sorts of fact and figures available at https://discoveruni.gov.uk/, some of which might dispel your theory that "Warwick or Bristol would give me a better chance of securing my graduate job".

You don't mention what degree your offers are for, so I picked BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance as being a plausible degree for someone interested in wealth management or consulting. Take a look at the pages for that course at:

University of Leeds
University of Warwick
University of Bristol

They show that 95% of Leeds graduates (of that course) are "now working", "doing further study" or "working and studying" 15 months after the course. Of those who were working, 80% were in "highly skilled work" (primarily finance professionals).

It's not that it's bad, when looking at firms such as the big banks or the consulting firms they seem to have more student from the other 2 universities as opposed to leeds. It's just financially I would be much better off in terms of saving for a mortgage and buying a car

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending