The Student Room Group

BMAT test

Where in the uk can I sit a BMAT test that is not going to cost loads, if my college is not a test centre?
Original post by elliemae2607
Where in the uk can I sit a BMAT test that is not going to cost loads, if my college is not a test centre?

You should be able to find your nearest test centres on the BMAT/CAT website, however it will probably cost a decent amount wherever you go, I think it was something like £60 for me even at my school.
Also you can check if you are eligible for bursaries or any financial support
Thank you that’s what we have been trying to do but our closes one is trying to change us £200 just to sit it!?
Thank you that’s what we have been trying to do but our closes one is trying to change us £200 just to sit it!?

That sounds like a crazy amount, are there any other test centres that you could use?
Original post by bea_murray0
That sounds like a crazy amount, are there any other test centres that you could use?

We have found 2 that are close to us and both say the same, so I’m a bit stuck.
We have found 2 that are close to us and both say the same, so I’m a bit stuck.

See if anything on the CAT website is of any use: https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/bmat/bmat-november/dates-and-costs/
it details who is eligible for reimbursement etc, or maybe you could contact CAT to see if they have any upper limit to/any control over what test centres can charge? since £200 for a £60 test is excessive.
Other than that, maybe you can explain the situation to your college (my school weren't initially registered for 2021 until there was some demand for it), or possibly contact nearby sixth forms/colleges to see if they are a test centre and would let you sit it there? I can't really give any more advice on this but best of luck with it all and I hope you are able to sit it without being charged that much x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending