The Student Room Group

Tutor for university

Is it a good idea to hire a tutor whilst you study at university if anybody has experienced it would you recommend it
I wouldn't recommend it. University is about learning stuff yourself and adapting in an environment which challenges you. A tutor may have been fine during GCSE's and A levels, but University is far more independent.
Original post by gtty123
I wouldn't recommend it. University is about learning stuff yourself and adapting in an environment which challenges you. A tutor may have been fine during GCSE's and A levels, but University is far more independent.

What about for the harder degrees like engineering or medicine ?
Original post by Anonymous

Not a good idea. You have to learn how to work independently. A doctor or engineer won’t have someone to hold their hand each time they have to make a decision once qualified so better to start getting used to trusting your own ability/ researching solutions independently, whilst you’re still in an environment that is relatively protected.
Original post by Anonymous

I'd still say it's not wise.
Reply 5
The other problem is your work has to be your own. There may be a problematic overlap between a tutor helping explain the course and a tutor starting to help with assignments.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cote1
The other problem is your work has to be your own. There may be a problematic overlap between a tutor helping explain the course and a tutor starting to help with assignments.

okay by hiring a tutor i dont mean for course work i mean for like exam strictly

Quick Reply

Latest