The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Psychology Paper 1 1PS0 01 - 17 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel GCSE Psychology Paper 1 1PS0 01 - 17 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 17th May PM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

HEYYY OKAY JUS GENERAL TIPS FOR EVRYBODY

FIRST OFF YOURE GONNA DO GRETA AND HOPEFULLY THEGRADE BOUNDARIES WILL BE LOW

SECOND INSTEAD OF READING THROUGH THE BOOK TRY AND TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE BY TRYING AND ANSWERING ALL THE QUESTIONS IN THE BOOK.

AND AFTER THAT GO ON THIS WEBSITE https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/psychology-2017.coursematerials.html AND GO TO 'TOPIC BOOKLET' AND TRY ANSWERING THE SMALL CASE STUDIES QUESTIONS AS THEY ARE A HELPFUL RESOURCE GOOODLUCKKKK
(edited 1 year ago)
Did anyone else find paper 1 hard?
I honestly can’t tell if i found it hard the only thing is i don’t think 1 hour and 45 minutes is enough so i left quite a few blank
what did people put for the q about the split brain girl and the magician? i feel like i messed that up
Original post by millyscotttt
what did people put for the q about the split brain girl and the magician? i feel like i messed that up

i wrote about the fact that the people in sperry's study called a fork 'a metallic utensil' when they were asked to identify by touching w their left hand, so she was likely to say that it was a smooth round object or something similar
Original post by Josh17474
Did anyone else find paper 1 hard?

i did!! the questions were lowkey so weird and not as straightforward as qs i've seen in past papers... what did you find difficult in particular?
Reply 7
Worst part is that i knew everything but the time wasnt enough. i left alot of questions
Yeah same, there just wasn’t enough time and all the questions involved so much reading
Original post by cad.ence
i did!! the questions were lowkey so weird and not as straightforward as qs i've seen in past papers... what did you find difficult in particular?

Quite a few parts. I felt like it was a lot harder then the 2019 paper
Quite a few parts. I felt like it was a lot harder then the 2019 paper

did you manage to finish in time? i had 5 minutes left and tons of those suggest improvements questions, which were really unusually hard! i ended up writing absolute rubbish and i lost loads of marks there for sure. how did you find the 9 markers?
What did you all choose as the two areas of psychology to discuss for the band question? The last one!Can’t believe how much there was to get through - only just finished but didn’t have time to go through it!
did you manage to finish in time? i had 5 minutes left and tons of those suggest improvements questions, which were really unusually hard! i ended up writing absolute rubbish and i lost loads of marks there for sure. how did you find the 9 markers?

At the end I was hardly reading the questions and just trying to get an answer down. I didn’t even finish the essay questions and only got A01 done.
Original post by Xxmoonbeamxx
What did you all choose as the two areas of psychology to discuss for the band question? The last one!Can’t believe how much there was to get through - only just finished but didn’t have time to go through it!

RIGHT OMG ALL OF THE QUESTIONS HAD SO MANY WORDS! i wrote about conformity and deindividuation, and then about willingham and the fact that he might not have practised guitar enough due to covering the other instruments for his bandmates
At the end I was hardly reading the questions and just trying to get an answer down. I didn’t even finish the essay questions and only got A01 done.

oh dear... seems like this paper was pretty bad for everyone, hopefully the boundaries are low this year :/ it's honestly really disappointing because i feel like i worked so hard but there just wasn't enough time for me to show it in the paper
I felt the same. The quality of my first two sections was definitely much better than the rest - but only down to complete lack of time. I was literally scribbling stuff by the end. Such a shame!

I went for Haney banks and Zimbardo for deindividuation and multi store memory model for rehearsal and interference for last question but felt quite confused by that point!

Our teacher had already predicted the first 9 marker so that was good 😪 but for the second one I knew everything i wanted to write about but I didnt manage to finish it
RIGHT OMG ALL OF THE QUESTIONS HAD SO MANY WORDS! i wrote about conformity and deindividuation, and then about willingham and the fact that he might not have practised guitar enough due to covering the other instruments for his bandmates

I wrote about memory and how he didnt pay attention to the other instruments because his favourite is guitar and so he didnt revise it as it wasnt important to him to be in his LTM which explains why he forgot some of the notes
Original post by Xxmoonbeamxx

Social Influence - Deindivaduation (T-shirts, screaming, swearing etc.) - Conformity (the dude also made a tshirt to fit in) - Obedience (the lead singer told them to wear them so they did) - didnt get to write about this part though :/

Memory - He forgot some notes and songs because his fav instrument is the guitar and so wont pay attention to the other things which is how things get into our LTM etc.
s

oh dear... seems like this paper was pretty bad for everyone, hopefully the boundaries are low this year :/ it's honestly really disappointing because i feel like i worked so hard but there just wasn't enough time for me to show it in the paper

really hoping the grade boundaries are low this year, felt like i revised so much for psychology but came out of it feeling as though i'd not done as good. it's frustrating as its one of my favourite subjects and i want to continue it at a-level but :/

Quick Reply

Latest