The Student Room Group

Explain two Christian teachings about the trinity

Explain two Christian teachings about the trinity? Refer to a sacred writing in your answer (5 Marks)

As the Son, A teaching about the trinity is that Jesus rose up to heaven to his Father during the ascension. This is when Mary and the disciples found an empty tomb, and saw out of their sight that Jesus, the Son of God, rose back to reunite with his Father in heaven, and sat at his right side. There he commissioned them, ‘to make disciples of all nations baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.’

Another teaching about the Trinity is that God is three in one. This is represented by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For Jesus said to his disciples, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come through the father except through me.’
(edited 1 year ago)
Look for Christianity teachings online or use a Bible.
Original post by tinyperson
Look for Christianity teachings online or use a Bible.

Should I use:
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”
yh
Original post by tinyperson
yh

Is that all I need to improve?
no
Original post by Sobigbesan17
Explain two Christian teachings about the trinity? Refer to a sacred writing in your answer (5 Marks)

As the Son, A teaching about the trinity is that Jesus rose up to heaven to his Father during the ascension. This is when Mary and the disciples found an empty tomb, and saw out of their sight that Jesus, the Son of God, rose back to reunite with his Father in heaven, and sat at his right side. There he commissioned them, ‘to make disciples of all nations baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.’

Another teaching about the Trinity is that God is three in one. This is represented by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. For Jesus said to his disciples, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can come through the father except through me.’

You may need more explaination as to what these things mean or how they are used.

The first paragraph is used to give example of authority among christian sects. as well as an example for the trinity's existence. To say father son, and holy spirit provides equality to all persons, which would be impossible if only the father were only God.

Your second paragraph has 2 different teachings that can be used for explaining trinity but should be seperated. Your second sentence is referenced in your first paragraph which makes it seem like you are repeating.

Then you change to Jesus being the Way, which can demonstrate his divinity but may not be explicitly explaining only the trinity.

If you visit the vaticans website, they have a way to search for the chaticism (a list of all teachings). Spelling may be off but this can make it easy to look at what is a teaching and why that teaching is there. Then explaining it will be simple too.

Otherwise someine else said to look at articles dedicated to what teachings exist on the trinity. That could be a good source too. Careful not to just copy everything. Ha ha

Quick Reply

Latest