The Student Room Group

A level maths omg

So I’m really struggling in a level maths like when we do mcoks I get really bad I got D in the recent ones and everyone else got so good and it’s weird since I revised a lot like exam questions and whatnot. I asked my teacher if I should tuiton she said not it’s not needed but idk what more I can do they can’t teach properly and we only do textbook questions in class like we never do past paper questions which are harder

Idk what to do because I’ve been trying my hardest but I’m not sure what’s going on pls help
Original post by Chocoholic139
So I’m really struggling in a level maths like when we do mcoks I get really bad I got D in the recent ones and everyone else got so good and it’s weird since I revised a lot like exam questions and whatnot. I asked my teacher if I should tuiton she said not it’s not needed but idk what more I can do they can’t teach properly and we only do textbook questions in class like we never do past paper questions which are harder

Idk what to do because I’ve been trying my hardest but I’m not sure what’s going on pls help

Make sure your not working to hard and make sure you know the content beforehand otherwise wuestions become difficult
Original post by Chocoholic139

You need to go over your textbook again and again and do the practice questions. A-Level maths is basic maths and there's no excuse for getting Ds. You should be getting at least Bs and As. If you do plenty of practice questions and revise the content, you should be able to get at least a B in the subject.

The fact that you got a D shows me that either your exam technique is awful, in which case you need to do more past papers, (you can find more past papers online if you look for them yourself, don't wait for teachers to spoonfeed you and give you the past papers.) OR it is simply the fact that you don't work hard enough and you don't do enough practice questions. Rather than doing one or two, try to do as many as you can until you get a good understanding of the topic.
Reply 3
Original post by Eigenvectorxyz
You need to go over your textbook again and again and do the practice questions. A-Level maths is basic maths and there's no excuse for getting Ds. You should be getting at least Bs and As. If you do plenty of practice questions and revise the content, you should be able to get at least a B in the subject.

The fact that you got a D shows me that either your exam technique is awful, in which case you need to do more past papers, (you can find more past papers online if you look for them yourself, don't wait for teachers to spoonfeed you and give you the past papers.) OR it is simply the fact that you don't work hard enough and you don't do enough practice questions. Rather than doing one or two, try to do as many as you can until you get a good understanding of the topic.

why are you being so horrible alevel maths is one of the hardest alevels and not everyone is the same. u are a freak bruv

I guess ur advice is good I’ll try it but a level maths is pretty tough it’s not easy like lots of students struggle
Reply 5

I can tell you just think your too good at maths lol "eigenvectors". Not everyone is good at a level maths mr eigenvectors even if its quite easy to some people (mainly ppl who go into maths degrees).

bffr my mum is an alevel maths teacher and she even says alevel maths is hard especially in year 13, just because your good at it doesnt give u a right to put other down

Quick Reply

Latest