Report 14 years ago
Savlon.

And tea tree direct application stuff.
luce20
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I tell you whats good but you need to do it for a few months and keep going at it... you need to squeeze lemons into a cup and every night before you go bed rub it on your face with some cotton wool. (keep the cup in the fridge with clingfilm over the top, the juice will last for a few days) In the morning wash your face as normal! This is really good for both spots but particulary for blackheads. You will start to notice a difference after a few weeks and it isn't as messy as it sounds.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
put some vodka on them/it, or any strong alcohol, it clears the pores
london_bum
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've done the toothpaste thing. It works pretty well (although obviously you need a moisturiser as it's pretty drying).
Spider
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Antibacterial handwash - the type that doesn't require water. Tends to annhilate spots.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
tea tree, witch hazel, drinking loads of water usually work for me
Acaila
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by juno_the)
I use a tea tree stick from Avon. Tis brilliant
Thanks for the recommendation I just went and bought some!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Thanks for the recommendation I just went and bought some!
Yay! Unfortunately I don't get commission
Jenjey
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Tea Tree Oil stick from Avon, Body shop or Superdrug range is the best - a nice natural antiseptic
Toothpaste is okay as it contains an alkaline ingredient which will neutralise the nastyness of the spot but I think it can leave a red mark.

The roaccutane and some other things mentioned on here are all on prescription only. The only products good to buy OTC are Quinoderm, Panoxyl or Oxy 10.
If it's that bad (it doesn't sound it) you can get Zineryt which is a good application solution, or many other drugs and emolients to get rid of spots.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It does, as a temporary fix - but I wouldn't recommend it as a long-term solution. Tea tree oil, on the other hand, is quite good.
leopard
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
~i use tea tree oil, with a dab of olive oil so it doesnt dry out the surrounding skin too much
ToshTrent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
Toothpaste for spots is nothing...try Roaccutane :cool: (its the most powerful acne drug but has loads of side affects. And you have to have quite bad spots to get it )
I used it, amazing stuff. Got the cracking lips and bloodshot eyes problem. You have to try everything else before you can get Roaccutane. So that's Oxytec etc.

Do you have a spot, or acne?
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Toothpaste didn't work for me. I read somewhere that it can leave scarring. None of those clearisil creams worked either. I think they are only making someone rich.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no none of the tea tree sticks, clearasil etc work. they only dry out the skin and are crap.

use anything with benzoyl peroxide tis the strongest ingredient.

toothpaste works well but depends which one. Aquafresh does it for me, as does Beverly Hills Whitening Forula. is cos its antibacterial and v drying. wear overnight on the spot. in the moring, a mild spot will dry up into a scab. a big spot will loos swelling and dry up. pick off the scab then cover with makeup. may scar. toothpast e itsel only scars if u use too much drys out too much.
use vit E or bio oil for scars
lemon juice on face for 20 mins then rub off (not wash) will exfoliate skin thus look intantly fantasic
are u black/asian? cos the dark pigment spots left by acne are got rid of extra quick using songi mushroom
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ToshTrent)
I used it, amazing stuff. Got the cracking lips and bloodshot eyes problem. You have to try everything else before you can get Roaccutane. So that's Oxytec etc.

Do you have a spot, or acne?
I'm taking Roaccutane at the minute, but i just wanted to ask you if you ever drank alcohol whilst taking it? I'm only on a fairly low dosage (25mg a day) and there is a sixth from social evening coming up, and I was wondering how much i'm allowed to drink before i pass out dead
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Witch Hazel used to work for me when I had some bad spots during my teen years.

Also any good face cream with microbeads so it cleans out the pores.
anchemis
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well... for acne....

Cleaning Agents (Clearsil, Tea Tree Oil... etc) DO NOT WORK AT ALL... they only remove the sebum (oil) temperary... after about 10 minutes your face would probably feel oilly again...

Benzoyl Peroxide... Good remedy... works sometimes but may cause skin allergies/discomfort...

The best method is to see your doctor... he/she might prescibe antibiotics tablets/liquid spreader.... Erythromycin works good (btw... its 2 tables twice a day... with the spreader twice a day) and it would calm acne down....

HOWEVER... if you stop... acne reappears after about 2 weeks... so if it works, lower the dose to 1 tablet twice a day but keep using the liquid spreader...

BEST is to wait until we're 25 so ACNE STOPS COMPLETELY
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i use E45, have been for a while now. never had much of a problem since
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So does anyone not know if you can drink whilst on Roaccutane? Some websites say you can have a little bit of alcohol, some say you should avoid it
anchemis
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Avoid alcohols at all cost when taking medicine.....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
10%
No (9)
90%

Watched Threads