The Student Room Group

I need help with question 1ii.

image-587a0b17-11b7-48d9-bc94-766c77b14923769117456446742227-compressed.jpg.jpeg

How am I suppose to remember each element in the periodic table when its not provided in the formula booklet.
dont you get the periodic table at the back? what board is this? because if so, you can just calculate the new atomic number which is 82 and you'll see that that is Pb (lead) on the periodic table
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Aqa
Reply 3
Could someone do this question please so I can see how its done if you can do it?
Reply 4
Original post by Vincent404
image-587a0b17-11b7-48d9-bc94-766c77b14923769117456446742227-compressed.jpg.jpeg

How am I suppose to remember each element in the periodic table when its not provided in the formula booklet.

In a real exam, you would be expected to know the proton numbers of hydrogen and helium, but anything else will be told to you in the question. You wouldn't be expected to do a question like this in an exam without being told which element goes with your new proton number.
Reply 5
So these type of questions won't be provided in the exam?
Reply 6

Looks like an old spec question, back then i believe you were provided a periodic table. You might still get a question like this now, but you'd be given information in the question that would let you work out what X was, ie a small chart of elements and corresponding proton numbers or something.
Reply 7

If they do, they will provide enough information so that you can answer without having to know the atomic numbers of every element.

This question that someone was asking about recently is a good example.

Elements.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest