This discussion is closed.
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hi
My grandparents want to get me something for my 18th birthday that I will have for the rest of my life, i.e. something that I will remember them by. What? Can anybody think of anything more interesting than a watch, pen or clock?
enigmatic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
Hi
My grandparents want to get me something for my 18th birthday that I will have for the rest of my life, i.e. something that I will remember them by. What? Can anybody think of anything more interesting than a watch, pen or clock?
Depends on their budget. How about a classy pair of cufflinks?
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by enigmatic)
Depends on their budget. How about a classy pair of cufflinks?
Lol, that was gunna be my suggestion.
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oops, I was about to suggest a nice necklace/ring and then discovered you were male
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
an iPod? You will put loads of music on it, and whenever you use it it will remind you of them.

And an Ipod would be something you would keep for ages, so loads of memory appeal
[email protected]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hi
a tortoise. It'll remind you of old folks and it lasts a lifetime!
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
(Original post by [email protected])
a tortoise. It'll remind you of old folks and it lasts a lifetime!
lol

(Original post by ramroff)
an iPod? You will put loads of music on it, and whenever you use it it will remind you of them.

And an Ipod would be something you would keep for ages, so loads of memory appeal
not quite sure that this is what they were looking for
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I say a watch or some kinda jewellery, but you'll probably have to help select it.
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Lol, that was gunna be my suggestion.
Its a common gift to get, but who actually wears cufflinks a lot? (maybe its just me who doesnt )
cheesecakebobby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A jar of urine? That always reminds me of old people.
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This reminds me...my parents said that I could get a watch for my GCSE results but I still haven't got one almost 5 months after results day.
Refused
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hi
A car. It's not gonna last you a long time nor will it remind you of them but come on, a free car!

or a ring.
undercover-ange
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you play any instruments? My grandmother (only grandparent left) bought me a new clarinet for my 17th birthday which is beautiful and I'll keep forever, she just gave me a cheque for £1000 for my 18th. Something usable would be good, like maybe a laptop for university, or anything that would be useful for university. You could go for jewellery if you don't have any more bright ideas....it's always good to have a really nice watch. xxx
Slice'N'Dice
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some sort of jewellery maybe? As said, an instrument is a good idea also.
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
god damn it you lucky people
I never knew my grandparents! my friend gets like £500 a year from his because he writes them a letter or something. pah...

oh, for the question, something I can think of
- a watch. I bought a good one (a proper gold clockwork one, not digital) a year ago and ive worn it every day since then
- something strange like an ornament or something? my parents have some sculptures and "antique" style things (a traditional drum from some country, etc.) that mean a lot because of who gave it to them

blah.. mind has gone blank. I'd go for the watch!
pissface
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How about you let them choose and be surprised? Sorry but isn't kind of rude to ask for some expensive gift?
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A car, a nice necklace, a house a big clock? lol duno im crap with prezis
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A birthday suit. Nice.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How about a really nice picture - proper art! You could keep it at home for the moment and when you finally get a flat or place of your own, it will be really good to have something you like and will remind you of them!
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmericanChick)
How about you let them choose and be surprised? Sorry but isn't kind of rude to ask for some expensive gift?
Well yeh....I havent gone up to then and asked, I dont even want the hassle of a big present but I have been informed by my mum that my grandparents want to give me a gift that I will remember them by. They have suggested all sorts of posh expensive things. My thread in no way at all made out that I was looking for something expensive or that I had asked for something. What am I supposed to say "Sorry i dont want anything to remember you by"
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (122)
65.24%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
20.86%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
13.9%

Watched Threads