The Student Room Group

Will work let me attend this medical appointment? What’s my best strategy?

Ive waited months for a medical appointment (a telephone consultation) with a consultant which I’ve recently had and he’s book me a face to face appointments for in a week

However I’l need time of work.. I work in healthcare and so far have found it very difficult to book the annual leave that I want to and they haven’t let anyone book short notice that I know of. They are very short staffed due to workers off sick etc. They recently changed the policy that you now have to use annual leave for medical appointments.

I’m wondering do you think work will let me attend at such short notice or am I better just not telling them and booking the day off sick?
See if I ask first and they say no I won’t be able to go off sick on the day as it will be too obvious
Original post by Anonymous
Ive waited months for a medical appointment (a telephone consultation) with a consultant which I’ve recently had and he’s book me a face to face appointments for in a week

However I’l need time of work.. I work in healthcare and so far have found it very difficult to book the annual leave that I want to and they haven’t let anyone book short notice that I know of. They are very short staffed due to workers off sick etc. They recently changed the policy that you now have to use annual leave for medical appointments.

I’m wondering do you think work will let me attend at such short notice or am I better just not telling them and booking the day off sick?
See if I ask first and they say no I won’t be able to go off sick on the day as it will be too obvious

I would call in sick on the day and just say that you have a tummy bug. They'll have to let you take the day off. Health before anything :wink:
I would call in sick on the day and just say that you have a tummy bug. They'll have to let you take the day off. Health before anything :wink:

Cheers. It will count as a period of sickness even though it’s one day (if you have more than 2 it triggers monitoring etc) that’s what I was wary of.

Seems like it’s the only way to be sure that no difficulty/drama is caused though
Cheers. It will count as a period of sickness even though it’s one day (if you have more than 2 it triggers monitoring etc) that’s what I was wary of.

Seems like it’s the only way to be sure that no difficulty/drama is caused though

Yes go off sick though seems ridiculous that working in healthcare means you cannot take time out to look after your own health.No wonder they are short staffed.
Original post by Scotney
Yes go off sick though seems ridiculous that working in healthcare means you cannot take time out to look after your own health.No wonder they are short staffed.

I don’t know if they will say no (I’ve not asked yet) but based on past experiences I wouldn’t be surprised and I don’t want to put myself in a awkward position
To be honest I’m leaving soon anyway so not overly fussed about the attendance thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending