The Student Room Group

Paying bills at uni

Hi, I'm just wondering how paying bills, like water and electricity, as well as rent work when living in uni accommodation.
Original post by cm.22
Hi, I'm just wondering how paying bills, like water and electricity, as well as rent work when living in uni accommodation.

For mine (and I think most uni accom) bills are included, and you pay rent through a link on their portal
Original post by ran-dumb
For mine (and I think most uni accom) bills are included, and you pay rent through a link on their portal

Hi, thanks for replying! Sorry, what do you mean by bills are included? Are they included when you pay the rent?

Also, is rent paid for at the start of each term?
And sorry if this is a silly question but how can your bills be included in the rent if they don't know how much water/electricity you'll use?
Original post by cm.22
Hi, thanks for replying! Sorry, what do you mean by bills are included? Are they included when you pay the rent?

Also, is rent paid for at the start of each term?
And sorry if this is a silly question but how can your bills be included in the rent if they don't know how much water/electricity you'll use?

Again not sure how it'll work for your uni, for mine they set the rent for your room including bills (eg 120 a week), and you pay in instalments every term.

They don't know how much you'll use, so its basically a water buffet for you. Of course you could say they marked up the rent enough to account for that.
Original post by ran-dumb
Again not sure how it'll work for your uni, for mine they set the rent for your room including bills (eg 120 a week), and you pay in instalments every term.

They don't know how much you'll use, so its basically a water buffet for you. Of course you could say they marked up the rent enough to account for that.

Okay thank you so much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest