The Student Room Group

Sqa Appeals 2022

The sqa has said:

'You should always discuss the discrepancy between your estimated grade and your final grade with your teachers/lecturers or centre staff to determine whether the estimated grade and supporting evidence support an appeals request.'

Does 'discrepancy' mean that the appeal will only be accepted if there is a large difference between the evidence and your exam result. So if all my evidence for a subject is 90%+ and I get a C in the exam then I have a higher chance of getting an A as my final grade than if I get a B in the exam. If this is the case, then does it not make sense to just fail all my exams as I will still end up with As?
Original post by joe7898
The sqa has said:

'You should always discuss the discrepancy between your estimated grade and your final grade with your teachers/lecturers or centre staff to determine whether the estimated grade and supporting evidence support an appeals request.'

Does 'discrepancy' mean that the appeal will only be accepted if there is a large difference between the evidence and your exam result. So if all my evidence for a subject is 90%+ and I get a C in the exam then I have a higher chance of getting an A as my final grade than if I get a B in the exam. If this is the case, then does it not make sense to just fail all my exams as I will still end up with As?

I'm not sure but that's what i thought it was gonna be like. They haven't explained it well :/
Reply 2
Original post by 2022user
I'm not sure but that's what i thought it was gonna be like. They haven't explained it well :/

Yeah, I'm very confused
Original post by joe7898
The sqa has said:

Discrepancy here just means difference. So if you get a B having been estimated an A, you can appeal regardless of what evidence your school holds. Of course, there is no guarantee that the school estimating an A means that the SQA will judge the evidence provided as being at that standard. There is no negative to doing the best you can in your exams!
Reply 4
Original post by alifelongstudent
Discrepancy here just means difference. So if you get a B having been estimated an A, you can appeal regardless of what evidence your school holds. Of course, there is no guarantee that the school estimating an A means that the SQA will judge the evidence provided as being at that standard. There is no negative to doing the best you can in your exams!

Thanks, was just making sure that any difference between your exam and estimate would be fine for an appeal or only a large difference but that clears it up

Quick Reply

Latest