The Student Room Group

Timing's of University

I was interested to know that how long the Uni's are in the UK especially the Medical schools.
Original post by Khushi Sohal
I was interested to know that how long the Uni's are in the UK especially the Medical schools.

Do you not have access to Google?

Seriously, it varies by university. It'll take you two minutes tops to look up "how long is a UK medical degree" plus the names of some universities you are interested in.
Original post by skylark2
Do you not have access to Google?

Seriously, it varies by university. It'll take you two minutes tops to look up "how long is a UK medical degree" plus the names of some universities you are interested in.

I was not asking about the time of the course I wanted to ask about how long the uni days are, like how much time one has to spend at the Uni in a day.
I was not asking about the time of the course I wanted to ask about how long the uni days are, like how much time one has to spend at the Uni in a day.

That makes more sense - hopefully you'll get some useful answers now you've clarified. I'm afraid I don't know.

You don't need to spend any time at all in some universities. Because of COVID, lots of lectures have been recorded or even pre-recorded. Some exams are online and some are in person. They made it possible to study some courses from home. I am about to pass my degree despite the fact that I spent 90% of my time studying online.
Original post by Eigenvectorxyz
You don't need to spend any time at all in some universities. Because of COVID, lots of lectures have been recorded or even pre-recorded. Some exams are online and some are in person. They made it possible to study some courses from home. I am about to pass my degree despite the fact that I spent 90% of my time studying online.

Oh okay! So what about the year 2023 ? Do you have any idea ?
for a uk medical degree it's not far off 9-5 5 days a week.
the hours that are not contact time would used in study.
It's a hard degree with enormous amounts of data to absorb.
Oh god, a day in medical school is that long.
Yes, you are right it's hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending