What laptop to get for architecture

Watch this thread
Folu olawaye
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I’m currently trying to look for a laptop for architecture and I’ve come down to two , the MacBook Air and Microsoft surface laptop 4. I’ve been told by a student to get a MacBook however there is so many people saying it’s not the best for architecture . So I just want to know which one you think is better or if you have any recommendations. Thanks
Dekiee654
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'm pretty sure you need something more powerful for architecture. Maybe consider looking at gaming laptops since they'll be able to handle more intensive software. Talk to someone in the architecture department they'll most likely tell you what specs you need for the course, then you can consider suitable laptops accordingly.
Folu olawaye
Rep:
(Original post by Dekiee654)
I'm pretty sure you need something more powerful for architecture. Maybe consider looking at gaming laptops since they'll be able to handle more intensive software. Talk to someone in the architecture department they'll most likely tell you what specs you need for the course, then you can consider suitable laptops accordingly.
Ok thanks do you think 16 ram/gb and 1tb SSD would be enough? Or would I need more?
Dekiee654
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Folu olawaye)
Ok thanks do you think 16 ram/gb and 1tb SSD would be enough? Or would I need more?
Yeah I think that should be fine... try and find a laptop with GPU as well, I heard that helps with architecture.
Folu olawaye
Rep:
(Original post by Dekiee654)
Yeah I think that should be fine... try and find a laptop with GPU as well, I heard that helps with architecture.
Ok thanks for the help
Doppelgengar
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'd go for Windows rather than Mac because I've heard a lot of CAD software runs better on the former

Also I'd look into one with at least 16GB RAM and a powerful dedicated graphics card. Anything else might struggle with CAD.
Last edited by Doppelgengar; 1 month ago
Folu olawaye
Rep:
(Original post by Doppelgengar)
I'd go for Windows rather than Mac because I've heard a lot of CAD software runs better on the former

Also I'd look into one with at least 16GB RAM and a powerful dedicated graphics card. Anything else might struggle with CAD.
Ok thank you
Folu olawaye
Rep:
(Original post by Folu olawaye)
Ok thank you
What amount of graphics card would you recommend because I’m stuck between a
3060 graphics card with 6GB RAM GDDR6. And a - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti ,4 GB GDDR6.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads