Applying for NHS Grant

Watch this thread
nadz11school
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When should I apply for NHS grant for uni?

edit; nevermind I know now
Last edited by nadz11school; 1 month ago
Nairbear
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Could you tell me the time we’re supposed to apply? I’ve been trying to find out but the website is confusing
nadz11school
Rep:
(Original post by Nairbear)
Could you tell me the time we’re supposed to apply? I’ve been trying to find out but the website is confusing
i think you can apply now. i've applied now and the website let me
Nairbear
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I tried but it says I need a student loan award letter which I haven’t received yet did you have yours to be able to apply?
nadz11school
Rep:
yeah i did. but you can use an alternative way without the letter I think

(Original post by Nairbear)
I tried but it says I need a student loan award letter which I haven’t received yet did you have yours to be able to apply?
Coco51
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, does anyone know how to apply for an NHS grant if you are going to University in Scotland?
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Coco51)
Hi, does anyone know how to apply for an NHS grant if you are going to University in Scotland?
Coco51

Contact the. SAAS Who will guide you through the process of thing's.
If you are not a Scottish resident and obviously going to university in Scotland you'll need to contact SFE who will deal with your application.
The Scottish government pay's your fees for university if you are a Scottish resident.

Scottish universities nursing students get a £10,000 a year bursary which you must reapply for each year of the course as Don't get it automatically and it's not repayable.

Below are some links to help you with things but the SAAS is who'll contact if you are a Scottish resident going to university here.

Which university are you going to and what course are you going to be doing 😊🤣.

A NHS Scotland registered midwife

https://www.mygov.scot › how-to-a...

How to apply - mygov.scot

https://www.saas.gov.uk

Student Awards Agency Scotland - SAAS - Funding Your Future

https://www.saas.gov.uk › guides

Guides - SAAS

If you are not able to click on the links then just type then in ok.
Last edited by Tracey_W; 1 month ago
Coco51
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Coco51

Contact the. SAAS Who will guide you through the process of thing's.
If you are not a Scottish resident and obviously going to university in Scotland you'll need to contact SFE who will deal with your application.
The Scottish government pay's your fees for university if you are a Scottish resident.

Scottish universities nursing students get a £10,000 a year bursary which you must reapply for each year of the course as Don't get it automatically and it's not repayable.

Below are some links to help you with things but the SAAS is who'll contact if you are a Scottish resident going to university here.

Which university are you going to and what course are you going to be doing 😊🤣.

A NHS Scotland registered midwife

https://www.mygov.scot › how-to-a...

How to apply - mygov.scot

https://www.saas.gov.uk

Student Awards Agency Scotland - SAAS - Funding Your Future

https://www.saas.gov.uk › guides

Guides - SAAS

If you are not able to click on the links then just type then in ok.
Hi Tracey, thank you so much for all the information it's very helpful, I will call SAAS in that case let's see what they have to say.
I am going to UHI to do an oral hygiene course. Wbu?? Xx
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Coco51)
Hi Tracey, thank you so much for all the information it's very helpful, I will call SAAS in that case let's see what they have to say.
I am going to UHI to do an oral hygiene course. Wbu?? Xx
I'm a NHS Scotland registered midwife as qualified in 2019.

Dental oral hygiene is something that is needing addressed with people and you'll actually be doing a fantastic job once you qualify.

University of Highlands and Islands up in Inverness you going to and I understand that this is a good university.
Advanced warning its get very cold up there in winter ❄️❄️❄️❄️ but the scenery in and around there is beautiful so explore it if you can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads