The Student Room Group

English lit GCSE conflict and tension poetry prediction

what texts should i focus on for the poetry section?
a lot of people are saying Checking Out Me History might get chosen
It may come up, but i advise you to know at least 12 poems well because you don't necessarily know what can come up, because it can be anything.
I advise you to just know a few quotes, context, language and structure for most of the poems and you should be fine.
Focus on the twelve poems. Be prepared for literally anything really. Make brief summary notes on the central themes, key words, context, language and structure of the entire text in case. I used to prepare a colourful mind map regarding the set of poems that I studied for my GCSE exam but you can do a comparison chart instead. Focus on the number of marks that are given out for each of the questions and also pay careful and close attention to the wording of the exam questions too.
Reply 3
Original post by tinyperson
Focus on the twelve poems. Be prepared for literally anything really. Make brief summary notes on the central themes, key words, context, language and structure of the entire text in case. I used to prepare a colourful mind map regarding the set of poems that I studied for my GCSE exam but you can do a comparison chart instead. Focus on the number of marks that are given out for each of the questions and also pay careful and close attention to the wording of the exam questions too.

thank u!
np

Quick Reply