The Student Room Group

Third class maths degree? What should I do?

I am in the middle of doing my final exams for my maths undergrad degree, and I honestly believe that I am going to fail and get third-class honors or worse. What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
I am in the middle of doing my final exams for my maths undergrad degree, and I honestly believe that I am going to fail and get third-class honors or worse. What should I do?

Do you have any mitigating circumstances for poor performance this year? If so, get an application in ASAP.

Other than that, there isn't much else you can do other than try your best and hope for the best.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Do you have any mitigating circumstances for poor performance this year? If so, get an application in ASAP.

Other than that, there isn't much else you can do other than try your best and hope for the best.

I did miss earlier exams due to Covid but some of them have been canceled or postponed. I know that not a good enough excuse for mitigating circumstances.
I did miss earlier exams due to Covid but some of them have been canceled or postponed. I know that not a good enough excuse for mitigating circumstances.

Not entirely sure what you mean. Did you miss exams because you fell ill with covid or did you fall ill with covid but the exams were cancelled anyway so you didn't miss any?

You need to speak to your student support team at your department/school.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Not entirely sure what you mean. Did you miss exams because you fell ill with covid or did you fall ill with covid but the exams were cancelled anyway so you didn't miss any?

You need to speak to your student support team at your department/school.

I missed exams because I caught covid
I missed exams because I caught covid

Did you submit special circumstances/mitigating circumstances (or equivalent at your university) before the relevant deadline? Do you have evidence of a positive test? If so, you should be able to sit the exams as a first attempt (uncapped) during the summer resit diet depending on your university's regulations.

Contact your student support office ASAP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending