The Student Room Group

When am i supposed to start my UCAS application??

Hey guys so i have a bit of a problem which might sound really stupid but i really just can’t figure it out. If i wanted to start University in september of 2023, when would i need to start putting together my application. I mean the month and the year. My college is no help, and i’m probably wrong but i’m scared i’ve already missed my deadline to apply or see open days. I have one more year of college after this summer, incase i’m not explaining this very well.
(edited 1 year ago)
Just to check, you're finishing college in summer of 2023 and then taking a gap year to start uni in autumn 2024?
Original post by Interea
Just to check, you're finishing college in summer of 2023 and then taking a gap year to start uni in autumn 2024?

So sorry i made a mistake on the initial post. I’ll be finishing college in summer 2023. And then hopefully going to uni in september (i think if i’ve got it all right). When am i supposed to start my UCAS application? I’m just a little lost.
Original post by Blue101asks
So sorry i made a mistake on the initial post. I’ll be finishing college in summer 2023. And then hopefully going to uni in september (i think if i’ve got it all right). When am i supposed to start my UCAS application? I’m just a little lost.

No worries, it's a lot to get your head around!

There will be open days over this summer and into the autumn term, so you've not missed them but definitely get planning and researching soon :smile: You'll probably also want to use this summer to begin preparing for your personal statement. Then the UCAS deadline will be in January 2023 (unless your course has the early deadline, which will be in October 2022), so you'll want to make sure you start early enough to meet the deadline.
Original post by Interea
No worries, it's a lot to get your head around!

There will be open days over this summer and into the autumn term, so you've not missed them but definitely get planning and researching soon :smile: You'll probably also want to use this summer to begin preparing for your personal statement. Then the UCAS deadline will be in January 2023 (unless your course has the early deadline, which will be in October 2022), so you'll want to make sure you start early enough to meet the deadline.

So i have until January 2023 to get my UCAS statement ready and look at open days if i want to get into a course starting in sept of 2023? whoa really dodged a bullet there. My college is really no help, i got no warning to look to start preparing or looking at open days.
Hey guys so i have a bit of a problem which might sound really stupid but i really just can’t figure it out. If i wanted to start University in september of 2023, when would i need to start putting together my application. I mean the month and the year. My college is no help, and i’m probably wrong but i’m scared i’ve already missed my deadline to apply or see open days. I have one more year of college after this summer, incase i’m not explaining this very well.

It depends on what course you are applying for. Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary medicine have October deadlines but most are January. Check your individual course deadline.

When I applied we started our application in September so September 2022 would be sensible. But you can actually start your application in 9 days time if you want but you can't send it until the 6th of September. Go look at open days as much as you can between now and when you finish your application ( 23rd of January 2023 for most courses.) So there is loads of time for open days and applicant days also if you can go to a UCAS fair it should help you arrow down your 5 choices this link should help you.
Look out for:
[*]Open days
[*]UCAS fairs
next year and don't put in your choices until your sure these are places you want to go to.(I know that sounds obvious but you'd be surprised how many people apply to places they don't like the look of even put them as firm.). You'll probably be sent invitations to attend applicant days once you've applied I'd urge you to go to these in particular and only declare your firm and insurance once you've been to them you'll need a little money to apply so make sure when it comes time to submit your application (before 18:00 on the 23rd of January) you have at least some money in your currant account and your bank card with you.

If your taking a gap year still apply but defer you application you'll then be able to chill out and enjoy the gap without having to worrying about doing your form during your gap.

Good luck.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jonathanemptage
When I applied we started our application in September so September 2022 would be sensible. But you can actually start your application in 9 days time if you want but you can't send it until the 6th of September. Go look at open days as much as you can between now and when you finish your application ( 23rd of January 2023 for most courses.) So there is loads of time for open days and applicant days also if you can go to a UCAS fair it should help you arrow down your 5 choices this link should help you.
Look out for:
[*]Open days
[*]UCAS fairs
next year and don't put in your choices until your sure these are places you want to go to.(I know that sounds obvious but you'd be surprised how many people apply to places they don't like the look of even put them as firm.). You'll probably be sent invitations to attend applicant days once you've applied I'd urge you to go to these in particular and only declare your firm and insurance once you've been to them you'll need a little money to apply so make sure when it comes time to submit your application (before 18:00 on the 23rd of January) you have at least some money in your currant account and your bank card with you.

If your taking a gap year still apply but defer you application you'll then be able to chill out and enjoy the gap without having to worrying about doing your form during your gap.

Good luck.

[*]thank you this was very informative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending