The Student Room Group

Regent's Park college, Oxford

What are the pros and cons of Regent's Park College, Oxford?
Reply 1

Thank you! I went through this but it only contains good prospects of the college. Do you know what are negative points?
Reply 2
Original post by Rony25
What are the pros and cons of Regent's Park College, Oxford?

It’s technically not a college but a PPH (permanent private hall)

Why are you asking?
Reply 3
Original post by RichE
It’s technically not a college but a PPH (permanent private hall)

Why are you asking?

Well, I got offer from this PPH but I hardly have good idea about positive and negative sides of a PPH. I know about colleges but hardly have good idea about PPH.
Reply 4
Original post by Rony25
Well, I got offer from this PPH but I hardly have good idea about positive and negative sides of a PPH. I know about colleges but hardly have good idea about PPH.

Whilst Regent's is one of the larger PPHs it's still quite a bit smaller than even the smallest college and only does a range of degrees from humanities and social sciences. That said, you would be studying for an Oxford undergraduate degree.
Original post by Rony25
Thank you! I went through this but it only contains good prospects of the college. Do you know what are negative points?

It's going to contain facts about the college. You will need to decide which of them are positive and which are negative for you. That won't be the same as for anyone else.

Do you like that it's small?
Do you like that it's humanities-only?
Do you like where it is physically?
Are you happy to live out for some of your course?
Were you hoping for a college orchestra?
A college gym?
A prayer room for your faith?
Reply 6
Original post by skylark2
It's going to contain facts about the college. You will need to decide which of them are positive and which are negative for you. That won't be the same as for anyone else.

Do you like that it's small?
Do you like that it's humanities-only?
Do you like where it is physically?
Are you happy to live out for some of your course?
Were you hoping for a college orchestra?
A college gym?
A prayer room for your faith?

Thank you for narrowing down my queries. I understand these things are relative and varies person to person. However, I wanted to know from people's personal opinions and experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest