The Student Room Group

Why have I started to get so angry all of a sudden

I never used to be like this but nowadays I get extremely angry over the littlest of things.

For example say if my door won’t open I’ll get so angry and start throwing things and slamming things.

I couldn’t find my socks the other day and I got so angry I managed to yank my draw out of place and break it.

If someone says something to me when I want to be alone or not talk, I get extremely upset and and let my anger out on objects again and can even lead me to cry.

these are just a few examples of how I can get angry so easily but there’s so many more, which constantly leads to me throwing things around.

I get so agitated with everyone and act off some reason and I don’t know why.

I haven’t lashed out in front of anyone yet and have only smashed things or cried when nobody’s around. But I’m scared I’m gonna start to get to the point where I do start doing it in front of others and I really don’t want that to happen.

Does anyone know where this inexplainable anger comes from and how I can stop this?
How old are you?
Are you under any kind of stress/anxiety? Are you getting enough sleep? Have any of your circumstances changed which may have lead to these outbursts?
Anybody with anger problems, male or female, needs to put that anger into something productive like the gym or a sport. Any exercise is good stress relief and helps you calm down. Boys are taught anger management from a young age, but girls are often not. Find some form of exercise you're interested in, and do it regularly.
Reply 4
Original post by YaliaV123
How old are you?

Sorry I don’t really say my age on these things, but it’s definitely not about puberty or things like that
Reply 5
Original post by asif007
Anybody with anger problems, male or female, needs to put that anger into something productive like the gym or a sport. Any exercise is good stress relief and helps you calm down. Boys are taught anger management from a young age, but girls are often not. Find some form of exercise you're interested in, and do it regularly.

hey thanks for the advice. would running be a good way to do this?
Reply 6
Original post by Meduse
Are you under any kind of stress/anxiety? Are you getting enough sleep? Have any of your circumstances changed which may have lead to these outbursts?

I mean yes I am but it’s been like this for years and I’ve never been so angry before. is it just a result from bottling it in for so long?
Are you working out more? I noticed when my testosterone levels go higher I tend to get angrier more quickly.
Original post by mon166
I never used to be like this but nowadays I get extremely angry over the littlest of things.

For example say if my door won’t open I’ll get so angry and start throwing things and slamming things.

I couldn’t find my socks the other day and I got so angry I managed to yank my draw out of place and break it.

If someone says something to me when I want to be alone or not talk, I get extremely upset and and let my anger out on objects again and can even lead me to cry.

these are just a few examples of how I can get angry so easily but there’s so many more, which constantly leads to me throwing things around.

I get so agitated with everyone and act off some reason and I don’t know why.

I haven’t lashed out in front of anyone yet and have only smashed things or cried when nobody’s around. But I’m scared I’m gonna start to get to the point where I do start doing it in front of others and I really don’t want that to happen.

Does anyone know where this inexplainable anger comes from and how I can stop this?

I'm no expert but it appears that you might have accumulated stress or anger from another situation (consciously or subconsciously) which you have tried to repress it. This could be what the sudden "lashes" are about, perhaps take some time to reflect on what exactly had made you angry as many times your brain subconsciously absorbs anger from a situation or event and you conscious doesn't actually realise it, hence the importance of taking some time to reflect
Original post by mon166
I mean yes I am but it’s been like this for years and I’ve never been so angry before. is it just a result from bottling it in for so long?

Yes, that seems like a plausible reason. Is there anything you do to relieve your stress? Exercise, talking to friends/family, a hobby?

You need an outlet else you're going to keep snapping.

Quick Reply

Latest