The Student Room Group

Where couldn't you live?

I would say a busy road
Reply 1
Antarctica, India and Pakistan.
In space.
Would asphyxiate very quickly!
China and North Korea.
India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Scotland, Ireland, Congo, Cambodia, Laos, Nepal, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Romania, Moldova, Belarus.
Pakistan, India, North Korea, Iceland, Hong Kong, Greenland, Faroe Islands, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Saudia Arabia - pretty much all countries in Asia.

Loads more but don't want to be here all night.
Bored.

Original post by Csunday
**** these lists are so pointless why does anyone partake of them
Original post by Avreil
I would say a busy road

I think you need to specify: where couldn't you live and why? Lots of people here just listing countries they don't like but no explanation why. :tongue:

I couldn't live in Yorkshire. Used to live there for years but I absolutely hated it and left some bad memories behind.
(edited 1 year ago)
Close to any:
Airport/heliport, bail hostel, building site, cemetery, autopsy/cremation/resomation facility, funeral directors/undertakers premises, incinerator, landfill site, lorry depot, mental hospital, prison, power station, sewage treatment facility and 24hr warehouse.

Continents and countries:
Australasia, Asia, Africa, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Caribbean, Cyprus & Northern Cyprus, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latin America, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, The Balkans, The Netherlands and Vatican City.

Within England:
Barking & Dagenham, Birmingham, Brixton, Cambridgeshire, Croydon, Grimsby, Liverpool, Lambeth, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle, Northumberland, Redbridge, Slough, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland, Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Wolverhampton and Yorkshire.
Original post by Honey57
India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Scotland, Ireland, Congo, Cambodia, Laos, Nepal, Mongolia, Turkmenistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Romania, Moldova, Belarus.

what's wrong with Ireland??
Original post by londonmyst
Close to any:
Airport/heliport, bail hostel, building site, cemetery, autopsy/cremation/resomation facility, funeral directors/undertakers premises, incinerator, landfill site, lorry depot, mental hospital, prison, power station, sewage treatment facility and 24hr warehouse.

Continents and countries:
Australasia, Asia, Africa, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Caribbean, Cyprus & Northern Cyprus, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latin America, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, The Balkans, The Netherlands and Vatican City.

Within England:
Barking & Dagenham, Birmingham, Brixton, Cambridgeshire, Croydon, Grimsby, Liverpool, Lambeth, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle, Northumberland, Redbridge, Slough, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland, Wandsworth, Wimbledon, Wolverhampton and Yorkshire.

do you not like cambridgeshire? do you like cambridge even?
Original post by gracieee16
do you not like cambridgeshire? do you like cambridge even?

No.
I'm not keen on the Cambridge area.
Nor either of the two unis.
Couple of people hating on Yorkshire.
Yorkshire is enormous. There's a massive difference between Bradford and Bridlington. York and Doncaster. Leeds and Barnsley. Harrogate and Sheffield.
I mean surely you can't be ruling out the entirety of such a big county?
Original post by londonmyst
No.
I'm not keen on the Cambridge area.
Nor either of the two unis.

A TSR user is not interested in Oxbridge? :eek:
Side note: aren't building sites an unavoidable part of living in a city?
Original post by gracieee16
what's wrong with Ireland??

It’s nice for a holiday but I wouldn’t want to live there.
In a middle floor flat. Wouldn’t stand the noise coming from someone else’s place and they most definitely wouldn’t support the noise coming from mine!
Anywhere that doesn’t have at least 200 hours a month of sunshine all year round !
Original post by hungrysalamander
A TSR user is not interested in Oxbridge? :eek:
Side note: aren't building sites an unavoidable part of living in a city?

In my experience it tends to be worst in suburbia.
Where mostly nimby types of nosy & inconsiderate people are frequently adding an extension, getting conservatories, tearing out their porches and kitchens every few years or installing an ensuite/extra bathroom on every floor.
anywhere that doesn't have English as a main language.

anywhere where encountering scary insects and other non human animals is common
(edited 1 year ago)
i lived in birmingham for a bit
never plan to go back

Quick Reply

Latest