The Student Room Group

Should I ask him about our coffee date or I should just move on

He asked me out weeks ago for a coffee date (we couldn’t meet because he couldn’t walk then) now that he can walk we have chatted but he hasn’t reschedule our date. When he asked me out he even asked if I want to grab a coffee with him as soon as he can walk and I said yes. Is he waiting for me to say something about the coffee date? I feel like since he was the one to ask me out for coffee and now that he’s back he should brought it up…it would show that he really wants to see me and he keeps his promises.He attended saturday a party and now I noticed that he followed a girl on Instagram that attended the party (he doesn’t really know her). I guess he followed her because he found her attractive etc. Am I overreacting if I unfollow him? I feel like he’s playing me…Maybe I should just move on and remove him from my socials?
Original post by Jenna5512
He asked me out weeks ago for a coffee date (we couldn’t meet because he couldn’t walk then) now that he can walk we have chatted but he hasn’t reschedule our date. When he asked me out he even asked if I want to grab a coffee with him as soon as he can walk and I said yes. Is he waiting for me to say something about the coffee date? I feel like since he was the one to ask me out for coffee and now that he’s back he should brought it up…it would show that he really wants to see me and he keeps his promises.He attended saturday a party and now I noticed that he followed a girl on Instagram that attended the party (he doesn’t really know her). I guess he followed her because he found her attractive etc. Am I overreacting if I unfollow him? I feel like he’s playing me…Maybe I should just move on and remove him from my socials?

Hi there.

As it's been weeks since your last date it's likely that he's lost interest in you and moved on. As you don't feel you can trust him fully after your date it may be wise for you to do the same.

Best wishes :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CorruptedCatnip
You are overreacting. He added someone on Instagram, it's not a big thing. Just remind him about the coffee date. Go on the coffee date with him.

I’m afraid that he’s treating me as low priority/option. As a guy what could be the reason that he hasn’t scheduled the date ?
Reply 3
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

As it's been weeks since your last date it's likely that he's lost interest in you and moved on. As you don't feel you can trust him fully after your date it may be wise for you to do the same.

Best wishes :smile:

He haven’t gone on a date since he wasn’t able to walk. He can now walk. He recently initiated a conversation with me. We talked about his recovery. Still he didn’t scheduled our coffee date
Reply 4
Original post by CorruptedCatnip
That's not the case. I don't understand where you're coming from with that. Dating is a two way street. The guy and the girl are BOTH responsible for making a relationship happen, if it is destined to happen. Do you like him? Do you want to date him? If you do, take some initiative. What reason could he have? Maybe he's just stupid. Guys can just be stupid and there's no cure for that. So help him be smart because you're a girl.

I feel like if he asked me out for coffee weeks ago (when he couldn’t walk then) he should’ve followed it through when he can walk as he told me…
Just ask him if he's up to go and get that coffee now rather than overthinking the reasons why he hasn't asked you. His answer will tell you whether or not he's still interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending