The Student Room Group

Student loan balance

Hi I am a final year student and I have finished my 3rd year, on the student finance page it says my balance is about £29,425.15 and my interest is at 4.5% when I have not started working yet. I am aware that you have to start repaying your student loan when you start working however I have not yet graduated, I want to know why is the balance at quite a high amount?
Do a little bit of quick maths, £29,425.15 / 3 = £9,808.

As you've said you're graduating at the end of your third year, I assume you are in England. Your tuition fees will have been £9,250 per year.

Interest is applied to the loan once you get, throughout your degree. Assuming the interest was constant at 4.5%:
3 x 9250 x 1.045^3 = £31,667.36.

Your balance appears to be correct. Without knowing your full financial details I can't help any further (I DON'T want to know your full finances).
thank you so much I understand now
Original post by MechanicalOnion
Do a little bit of quick maths, £29,425.15 / 3 = £9,808.

As you've said you're graduating at the end of your third year, I assume you are in England. Your tuition fees will have been £9,250 per year.

Interest is applied to the loan once you get, throughout your degree. Assuming the interest was constant at 4.5%:
3 x 9250 x 1.045^3 = £31,667.36.

Your balance appears to be correct. Without knowing your full financial details I can't help any further (I DON'T want to know your full finances).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending