Edexcel GCSE Geography A Paper 1:Physical Environment 1GA0 01 - 23 May [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Edexcel GCSE Geography A Paper 1: The Physical Environment 1GA0 01 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 23rd May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
rohangrewal10
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone have any good websites or videos to help revision?
izzymint
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rohangrewal10)
Anyone have any good websites or videos to help revision?
seneca's quite good for reviewing n stuff
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
How did it go today guys?
madzzzzina
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
it was a disgusting paper.... the questions were worded so weirdly!!
rohangrewal10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)How did it go today guys?

(Original post by Evil Homer)
How did it go today guys?
awful
madzzzzina
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
looking at the other chats, everyone else's has been great, which makes me even more scared.. I usually get 8s and 9s but this paper ugh
manlikesterkz
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by madzzzzina)
looking at the other chats, everyone else's has been great, which makes me even more scared.. I usually get 8s and 9s but this paper ugh
A level student here, how was the questions like in relation to the advanced info?
madzzzzina
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by manlikesterkz)
A level student here, how was the questions like in relation to the advanced info?
We were not given advance information. The board gave us the option to not do one of the topics in Paper 2. This means instead of the usual 94 marks, we can only get up to 64 marks because we don't need to answer a whole section. What section we don't do is decided by each school but the exam board itself gave schools the 2 options. I hope that makes sense.
They didn't do anything else for the other 2 papers :/
taylorjones5005
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by madzzzzina)
We were not given advance information. The board gave us the option to not do one of the topics in Paper 2. This means instead of the usual 94 marks, we can only get up to 64 marks because we don't need to answer a whole section. What section we don't do is decided by each school but the exam board itself gave schools the 2 options. I hope that makes sense.
They didn't do anything else for the other 2 papers :/
do you happen to remember the 8-marker for weather and climate? was it "evaluate the statement: human activities are the main cause of global climate change"?

i'm overthinking everything i did because i put volcanism and the cooling effect of ashes as like a counterpoint, so if its "global warming" instead of "global climate change" i'm kinda ****ed lol
Last edited by taylorjones5005; 4 weeks ago
madzzzzina
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by taylorjones5005)
do you happen to remember the 8-marker for weather and climate? was it "evaluate the statement: human activities are the main cause of global climate change"?

i'm overthinking everything i did because i put volcanism and the cooling effect of ashes as like a counterpoint, so if its "global warming" instead of "global climate change" i'm kinda ****ed lol
Hi,
Yes that was the question, not global warming.

I mean, at least you answered it!!! I only probably wrote a full answer for the waterfall 8 marker and the rest are umm let's say incomplete lol.

I hate Physical Geography, I do so much better in Human Geography, it's a shame it isn't worth 94 marks but in fact 64 for us.

You'll be fine. I do hope you achieve a grade you'll be happy with, and best of luck in your other exams
dylanmartinson
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Did you guys remember to do a conclusion for every 8 marker? I even did one for the waterfalls and gorges question.
The only question i was confused on was the 2 mark map question with that weird graph (i think one was a tick box and the other part to the question was name a location).
I reckon i got an 8-9 overall on the paper.
Last edited by dylanmartinson; 4 weeks ago
taylorjones5005
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dylanmartinson)
Did you guys remember to do a conclusion for every 8 marker? I even did one for the waterfalls and gorges question.
The only question i was confused on was the 2 mark map question with that weird graph (i think one was a tick box and the other part to the question was name a location).
I reckon i got an 8-9 overall on the paper.
yeah that was a weird one - i put woodland for the first one and Habermont (sth like that I don't recall) for the second.
dylanmartinson
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by taylorjones5005)
yeah that was a weird one - i put woodland for the first one and Habermont (sth like that I don't recall) for the second.
i put woodland as well, i hope we're right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads